Best IEM tips?
Apr 13, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #1,426 of 3,296
CP100 is bassier and more V shaped than CP145 (which I personally find is rather neutral).

If u have an already bassy IEM, you might wanna consider something else than the CP100.
oh :) hmm..... yes this is my case

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #1,427 of 3,296
oh :) hmm..... yes this is my case
The TD08 has oodles of bass, both mid-bass and sub-bass. The right tips will bring out a good amounts of mids and treble (if that is what you like) which makes them much better earphones than their price suggests.

I try to regulate the bass on the TD08 by pinching them out a bit (to reduce bass) or inserting them further into my ears to get the full effect of the bass.

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #1,428 of 3,296
The TD08 has oodles of bass, both mid-bass and sub-bass. The right tips will bring out a good amounts of mids and treble (if that is what you like) which makes them much better earphones than their price suggests.

I try to regulate the bass on the TD08 by pinching them out a bit (to reduce bass) or inserting them further into my ears to get the full effect of the bass.
What you mean of pinching them out? Sorry not a native English speaker LOL. What tip you can recommend to bring more mids (I'm treble peak sensitive so this treble suits me maybe)?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #1,429 of 3,296
What you mean of pinching them out? Sorry not a native English speaker LOL. What tip you can recommend to bring more mids (I'm treble peak sensitive so this treble suits me maybe)?
If you put a tip of one finger at the top of the earbud and another at the bottom, then you slightly pinch or squeeze your fingers in (as you would when you take the earbuds out) you would be moving the earbuds out slightly.....that is what I refer to as "pinching". I find that it works very well on the TD08 and if you happen to need more bass, just push the earbuds in. To my ears they are an excellent set of IEMs, but for the bass quantity!

Apr 13, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #1,430 of 3,296
Just wanna share some of my thoughts
My current top 3 eartips are:
Spinfit Cp145 - first eartips I’ve ever bought and always my favorite, wider soundstage, deep punchy bass, tamed trebles, there’re some people hate this but me and a number of people I know who uses hi-end iems like it so you should give it a try
Sedna earfit - normal and short version sounds the same to me, balanced sound, everything sounds right, sound-in-your-head feeling which I don’t like this point much but still best sounding to me
Acoustone AET07 - quite like Sedna earfit but with more open sound, sounds a bit too airy to me

Aside from that I owns lot of eartips but feel indifferent to it: Radius, Final type E, Spinfit cp100 and cp 360, Comply foam sport and comfort, JVC spiral dot and spiral dot++ ,especially spiral dot++, too expensive and hyped, don’t sound much better, too many people hyped first but I rarely see anyone like it these days so don’t buy that crap

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #1,431 of 3,296
For anyone who owns a pair of final audio e I'm having some confusion.. is it supposed to seal on the outer part of the ears? These seem pretty unique in size and shape and while they sound probably the best out of all the tips I own the fit feels.. different.

Usually with silicone tips I can have a deep fit that snugs deep into my ear can but with the type e, due to the wide diameter and unique shape. I can only get a short and wide seal where my narrow ear canal begins - if that makes sense. I don't get that deep plugged in feeling.

I can jam it in to create a tighter fit but it's uncomfortable. Wondering if I'm wearing them as intended or if I should try downsizing to small.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #1,432 of 3,296
For anyone who owns a pair of final audio e I'm having some confusion.. is it supposed to seal on the outer part of the ears? These seem pretty unique in size and shape and while they sound probably the best out of all the tips I own the fit feels.. different.

Usually with silicone tips I can have a deep fit that snugs deep into my ear can but with the type e, due to the wide diameter and unique shape. I can only get a short and wide seal where my narrow ear canal begins - if that makes sense. I don't get that deep plugged in feeling.

I can jam it in to create a tighter fit but it's uncomfortable. Wondering if I'm wearing them as intended or if I should try downsizing to small.
I'm really happy with Final E on my IER-Z1R, I can get them jammed into my earholes pretty deep.

Seals great and they sound fantastic, definitely the best I've used on these IEMs

Maybe the size is an issue for you? Does the IEM you have normally insert fairly deep?

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #1,433 of 3,296
I'm really happy with Final E on my IER-Z1R, I can get them jammed into my earholes pretty deep.

Seals great and they sound fantastic, definitely the best I've used on these IEMs

Maybe the size is an issue for you? Does the IEM you have normally insert fairly deep?
Yes other tips I can get a deep sealbut for some reason I have an issue with the final audio. If they are intended to provide a deep seal even with their unique shape, maybe size is the issue. Will probably order a pair of small ones cus I do think they are a level above other tips in terms of sound reproduction

Apr 17, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #1,434 of 3,296
Ive never tried the Sedna Short, just the regular and it provides a really nice occlusive seal. The Short version will allow you a more flush fit of the iem in your ear but not neccessarily a deeper insertion. For me the regular have been a great pairing on many IEMs. Personally, I like the normal vs soft. Its just the right texture to provide nice grip and they isolate fairly well for silicone. In terms of texture, they remnd me of the Final E, but with the larger bore.

As for the Tennmaks. They have become my most used tip. I've recommended them on my threads and have quite a few headfiers PM me with thanks for the heads up on them. They're cheap as chips, wear like iron, isolate great, super comfortable and dont muddy the bass or clip the highs.
Tennmaks just arrived today. Can’t wait to try the out.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #1,435 of 3,296
The Tennmaks are definitely very nice and sound very similar to the Spiral Dots. It’s hard to A/B because these take some together off and on the nozzle as well as in to your ear. They have a very slow rebound but the seal is superb. These are easily the best foams I’ve tried, but I’ve only done most of the Comply and the Moondrop foams (barring deep insertion Etymotics which I really like their small ones). I’m still choosing the Spiral Dots over this just because they are faster to insert and they isolate less. Comfort is very similar for sure. These are shockers in that regard. In any case, I like to hear what’s going on around me when I walk the dog, but I do like the small form factor of IEMs. Next time I travel, these are going to be my tips for sure! I’m surprised how well these are made. I’ll see how they hold up, but the feel much stronger than the other foams I’ve tried. I bet they do well with being cleaned to boot. They definitely give me confidence. I think other companies should be selling their foamies for a lot less. These are the only ones that made me feel like they are worth it Without reservation. If you like foamies, I’d try these next. Honestly they just seem much better than the others I’ve tried. I wear the same size in these as the Spiral Dots.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #1,437 of 3,296

Same here. I did have to step back from the M/L I was using from the set included with the Z1R to M in the Final Audio E. But they seal well and sit nice and deep in my ear canal.

Apr 19, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #1,439 of 3,296
Question, I'm looking for more tips to try. I've always used Comply T-400 or equivalent sized foam tips (Veritas, New Bee etc). And I use small size, comfy for me and I get a good seal with the small bullet style Soundmagic E10 and similar I've always liked.

Today I just tried out my dad's Ikko OH01, and these don't work well with my style of foam tips. Maybe because of the shape, heft, or the short nozzle, but I need medium or large size foam to get a food seal. And it's less comfortable, plus it still loosens up and slides out within a half hour.

So, while silicon default tips have just never felt comfortable or fit for me, I'm interested in trying other stuff.

Are there maybe longer small or medium foam tips that would help with things like the Ikko Oh01? And/or any other styles I should try, I've seen spinfit mentioned a bit.

Also, maybe ear hooks? The default wire behind the ear didn't seem to do much. And a very newbie question, how can I tell if the Ikko OH01 or similar is sitting/facing correctly? As in, sometimes I have the cable facing say 90 degrees right up, or forward slightly before swooping back over my ear etc. Because of the foam tips, it's not exactly resting in my ear. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #1,440 of 3,296
The Tennmaks are definitely very nice and sound very similar to the Spiral Dots. It’s hard to A/B because these take some together off and on the nozzle as well as in to your ear. They have a very slow rebound but the seal is superb. These are easily the best foams I’ve tried, but I’ve only done most of the Comply and the Moondrop foams (barring deep insertion Etymotics which I really like their small ones). I’m still choosing the Spiral Dots over this just because they are faster to insert and they isolate less. Comfort is very similar for sure. These are shockers in that regard. In any case, I like to hear what’s going on around me when I walk the dog, but I do like the small form factor of IEMs. Next time I travel, these are going to be my tips for sure! I’m surprised how well these are made. I’ll see how they hold up, but the feel much stronger than the other foams I’ve tried. I bet they do well with being cleaned to boot. They definitely give me confidence. I think other companies should be selling their foamies for a lot less. These are the only ones that made me feel like they are worth it Without reservation. If you like foamies, I’d try these next. Honestly they just seem much better than the others I’ve tried. I wear the same size in these as the Spiral Dots.
Since you like the Tennmak Foam. But you also like tolhe ease of silicone and the quicker insertion, you should also try the Tennmak Whirlwinds. They go head to heas with Azla Sedna for a fraction of the price. Also a wide vorw tip. They're a lot like the Sedna Short Light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back