Best IEM tips?
Mar 14, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #1,366 of 3,289
Hey, anyone know if there are any good tips for TWS that could help improve treble without making bass more boomy? I don't know if many of you use TWS here (has to have length less than 8mm, preferably around 7), but I thought I would ask regardless.

Final type e for tws exists, but it apparently increases bass. Trying to find something that improves the highs and maybe details.
I’m using Xelastec on my Nuarl N6 Mini (N6 Mini is on the warmer side) which opens up the mids and the trebles without loosing too much on the bass (bass getting punchier). I’m downsized the tips though, where usually I’m using MS (on Nuarl Block Ear+) but on Xelastec I’m using S

Mar 14, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #1,367 of 3,289
I’m using Xelastec on my Nuarl N6 Mini (N6 Mini is on the warmer side) which opens up the mids and the trebles without loosing too much on the bass (bass getting punchier). I’m downsized the tips though, where usually I’m using MS (on Nuarl Block Ear+) but on Xelastec I’m using S
That sounds like an option, but I read people have tough time getting the right size. I don't know if it can be returned if improper size.

Also, are they easy to remove? Apparently they are very sticky eartips.

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #1,368 of 3,289
That sounds like an option, but I read people have tough time getting the right size. I don't know if it can be returned if improper size.

Also, are they easy to remove? Apparently they are very sticky eartips.
Yup, some people getting hard time for choosing the right size, thankfully I got the right size after reading some comments in here and on YouTube. They are easy to remove from my ears, just remove them slowly, they are sticky but not that sticky at least for me.

Mar 15, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #1,370 of 3,289
One question about the spiral dots and spiral dots++.

Are these tips included in the cheap JVC IEMs (for example FX10, FX1X, FR15)?
I dont think so. You probably get their cheaper tips like the EP-FX2.

Mar 15, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,372 of 3,289
Thanks. Would like to give you a Like, but somehow the function is no longer displayed to me.

Does someone know where I can purchase the spiral dots++ for a good price (shipping to Europe)?
Amazon japan. Shipping is about 10 usd but they use DHL express which is very cheap for that price (usally at least 30 usd on aliexpress for example).

Best that you get multiple products at once to "save" on shipping if you want it.

Get the Elecom EHP-CAP20, Final Audio Type E and the Radius deep mount tips while you are at it.

Mar 15, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #1,373 of 3,289
Cool, thanks. Read good stuff from you about the Radius Deep Mount.

I have Final Type E tips already. Soundwise these are my favourite tips, but sometimes they slip off the nozzle (FD 5) even when I wear them.
And they're not as comfy for me like for example the normal Spiral Dots or the Xelastecs.
Spinfits are somehow not my cup of tea. Don't know why exactly but for every purpose there's a better tip than the CP100 or CP145 for me.

I also like the stock balanced and bass tips that come with the FD5.

But let's shop some more tips, you can't have enough of them :)

Mar 15, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #1,374 of 3,289
Just a suggestion for someone with the will to make it happen (unless it's been done already): compile a list of all tips mentioned in this thread, and create a user poll to get a sampling of how popular the different types of tips are with forum members.

Mar 15, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #1,376 of 3,289
Cool, thanks. Read good stuff from you about the Radius Deep Mount.

I have Final Type E tips already. Soundwise these are my favourite tips, but sometimes they slip off the nozzle (FD 5) even when I wear them.
And they're not as comfy for me like for example the normal Spiral Dots or the Xelastecs.
Spinfits are somehow not my cup of tea. Don't know why exactly but for every purpose there's a better tip than the CP100 or CP145 for me.

I also like the stock balanced and bass tips that come with the FD5.

But let's shop some more tips, you can't have enough of them :)
How is the Xelastecs??

To all: I am thinking of venturing into tips now that I have some iems. I have radius deep mount in my radar after the impression that @RikudouGoku gave. For most part, I like Neutral to a tad brighter sound tonality. Anything which boosts clarity would also get a nod from me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #1,377 of 3,289
How is the Xelastecs??

To all: I am thinking of venturing into tips now that I have some iems. I have radius deep mount in my radar after the impression that @RikudouGoku gave. For most part, I like Neutral to a tad brighter sound tonality. Anything which boosts clarity would also get a nod from me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
For me, they're the most comfy tips out there. I have no problems with insertion or anything, but you have to choose the right size. It's also dependent on the IEM (for instance on the FD5 I need S or MS, on the FH3 I needed MS or M).
When the fit and seal is good, I almost don't feel them anymore and even after hours I don't have to readjust them.

Soundwise the tips make the sound a bit more hollow and clear. They don't boost the bass but the mids and a little bit the treble. For some the Xelastecs are the vocal kings.

Yes, they are expensive but for me they're worth it to have them in your tip collection. And if you don't try them you don't know if the material is comfy for you, it's different from a normal silicon tip.

Mar 16, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #1,379 of 3,289
Just a suggestion for someone with the will to make it happen (unless it's been done already): compile a list of all tips mentioned in this thread, and create a user poll to get a sampling of how popular the different types of tips are with forum members.
That is impossible as @zenki said.

The closest we can get is personal ranking lists like the one I have and these:

https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/

https://aftersoundblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/08/eartips-reviewed/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back