Best IEM tips?
Aug 9, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #976 of 3,357
Well I ended up pulling the trigger on Sedna Earfit Light M. Keeping my fingers crossed since eartips are exceptionally unpredictable. Probably none of us (not even myself) will know my actual impressions until I put the in my ears (But then again I went relatively blind on my BL-03 and I have zero regrets about that one).

You ordered 1 size smaller than normal, right? For example, I always use M tips, but with SednaFits you gotta drop to MS.

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #978 of 3,357
None of my generic silicone eartips fit my ears properly as I said in a previous post so I'm not entirely sure what to expect out of these.
FWIW, most silicone size L don't quite work for me either; they tend to be just a smidgen too small, resulting in non-optimal seal (I tend to go for shallow insertion). I have been using the Sedna Earfit Lights size L for a month now, and they are awesome for me. Perfect fit.

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #979 of 3,357
FWIW, most silicone size L don't quite work for me either; they tend to be just a smidgen too small, resulting in non-optimal seal (I tend to go for shallow insertion). I have been using the Sedna Earfit Lights size L for a month now, and they are awesome for me. Perfect fit.
In my case generic 12mm is loose enough that it falls if I tilt my head, the 13.3mm one is a little uncomfortably tight but usable. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 12.6mm M size is the middle ground I'm looking for.

Edit: Probably the TLDR of this is: Generic M size is a little loose, Generic L size is a little tight.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #980 of 3,357
I encountered an eartip online called CrossFit, from a company called crosslambda. They seem to be a clone of Spinfit, and they claim to be made of medical grade silicone. Unfortunately, they seem to be available only in Thailand.

Screenshot_20200810-183108_Chrome_Beta.png

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #982 of 3,357
Speaking of which, what other tips have a 12.5mm width? is Sednaearfit M as close as it gets?

Spinfit CP145 medium are 12.5mm.

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #983 of 3,357
What is this groove processing on FInal Audio Type E tips?

1597295694015.png

Aug 13, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #984 of 3,357
I’ve just got a set of the SpinFit CP145 (M) to put on my Fiio FH1s. I have been using the Bass tips (M), so I’ll have to see what the difference is.
F5999AA4-70AB-4B22-8712-70A8D649CD9C.jpeg

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #985 of 3,357
What is this groove processing on FInal Audio Type E tips?

1597295694015.png
I think it's just that rugose surface on the outside of the inner tube of the tip. The longitudinal ribs that you can see the end of in that picture. They go the length of the tube.

I find the Final-E tips grip really well, but as usual my ears fall between the M and S sizes.
The small Final-E tips fit me perfectly when flipped, super comfy, deep fit, wide opening, great seal, but those ribs make them unable to grip reliably to any iem I've tried them on (whilst inside-out at least) and I've gone as far as to try o-rings and even tying them on with dental floss and thread.
After a ton of experimenting I've settled on the stock small tips that came with my IMR EDP's, flipped. They stay on MUCH better.
That's what I'm currently using on both my EDP and Shuoer Tape, but I only have one pair, and for whatever reason they aren't quite as comfy as the Finals, so I would still like to find something better.
Still hoping someone in the UK will start stocking Xelastecs in single pairs. Everyone abroad either seems to charge a fortune for shipping (on top of an already high price), or have a kanji site which I can't navigate.
I wish someone like Amp-3 would get them in.

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #986 of 3,357
I think it's just that rugose surface on the outside of the inner tube of the tip. The longitudinal ribs that you can see the end of in that picture. They go the length of the tube.

I find the Final-E tips grip really well, but as usual my ears fall between the M and S sizes.
The small Final-E tips fit me perfectly when flipped, super comfy, deep fit, wide opening, great seal, but those ribs make them unable to grip reliably to any iem I've tried them on (whilst inside-out at least) and I've gone as far as to try o-rings and even tying them on with dental floss and thread.
After a ton of experimenting I've settled on the stock small tips that came with my IMR EDP's, flipped. They stay on MUCH better.
That's what I'm currently using on both my EDP and Shuoer Tape, but I only have one pair, and for whatever reason they aren't quite as comfy as the Finals, so I would still like to find something better.
Still hoping someone in the UK will start stocking Xelastecs in single pairs. Everyone abroad either seems to charge a fortune for shipping (on top of an already high price), or have a kanji site which I can't navigate.
I wish someone like Amp-3 would get them in.
amazon.com no good for you? Know what you mean though. Maybe fire amp3 or hifiheadphones (who seem better these days for stuff like tips etc) an email?

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #987 of 3,357

Get aset of spinfits with adapters and use those to keep them on.

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #988 of 3,357
Currently using the Xelastecs on my IER-M9, tempted to get one pair for my AirPods Pro as well, but can't seem to find them anywhere except for Taobao. Anyone knows where to order them for the APP?

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #989 of 3,357
Currently using the Xelastecs on my IER-M9, tempted to get one pair for my AirPods Pro as well, but can't seem to find them anywhere except for Taobao. Anyone knows where to order them for the APP?

I e-mailed them about this almost exactly a month ago. I inquired after seeing supposedly APP-compatible Xelastec tips on a couple of sites, and linked them these:

https://www.letsgoaudio.com/products/azla-sednaearfit-xelastec-eartips-airpod-pro

Here's how they replied on July 17:

Thank you so much for using XELASTEC.

It is wrong information.

We haven’t announced XELASTEC for Airpods Pro yet.

If you in US, please use AMAZON.

Our AMAZON store is www.amazon.com/azla

Thanks.

P.S If you wait a little longer, I'll announce it soon.

I do not know if that linked site is an authorized vendor or not.

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #990 of 3,357
In any case, I have to say the I am not crazy about the APP ear tips. The buds gradually pivot towards my face over time, to the point that the protrusions end up touching my cheeks.

Dekoni tips worked great for keeping them in place and for isolation, but I wasn't happy with the sound. Reviews seem iffy about their durability too; specifically, the proprietary plastic portion that attaches onto the buds ends up cracking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back