Best IEM for under $500
Dec 31, 2010 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

CareyPrice31

Montreal Canadiens
I listen to House, Club, Techno, Rap, Pop and other hit music on billboards.

I'm willing to spend under $500 maybe more depending on what you guys recommend me.

I also want a portable amp to go with it.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 10

depending on what you choose, there's a good chance amping won;t do much, anywho, for under $500, you can get impressions, and a lower end custom IEM to match
Quote:

I'm willing to spend under $500 maybe more depending on what you guys recommend me.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 10

I prefer universals for now.
Quote:
depending on what you choose, there's a good chance amping won;t do much, anywho, for under $500, you can get impressions, and a lower end custom IEM to match
Quote:

Jan 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 10
Final Audio, CK100, UM3x, SM3, Westone 3, FX700, GR10, SA7 and EX1000

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 10
I've got M-Audio IE40 (same as UE TripleFi) and Monster Pro Copper - both sound absolutely amazing amped or not amped with my iPod Touch. As ling as there is a good seal both are SOOOOOO smooth with great soundstage and depth and deep-buttery bass (if that exists - I always find it difficult to describe sonics). Any-hoot both are great phones BA vs Dynamic drives - I can't really tell the difference, I just know both sound amazing.

Down the dollar chain I also have M-Audio IE30 ($249) and they sound terrific as well - they paly a bit louder than the forementioned - guess the sensitivity is better. Lastly I had to try the Monster Turbines for comparison with the Pro Coppers, and for $150 I was very impressed - though the Coppers win overall, but for the price difference the regular Turbine hold their own (cables might became an issue down the road - very thin)

Next purchase will most likely be the new Shure 535 or Monster Miles Davie Tributes.

Good luck in your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back