Best IEM for under $200 Canadian
Jul 16, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #17 of 27
I was going to suggest Audio-Technica ATH-IM02, (~ $150) as clean detailed bass, very nice stage- but it rolls off iin the very lows & subs- and from what I've read about the shure probably not more bass. Maybe the IM70 can meet that requirement, have not heard it myself but it gets good reviews (AT also make CKR9/10 in that range which get good reviews).

In a similar vein I have not heard the Sony 880st ($190-210), but i have heard the 'big brother' (same basic driver) ex1000, which has great but somewhat reserved bass- supposedly the 880 fixes that by relaxing the bright treble of the 1000. nevermind, price went up to 220

Futuresonics G-10 ($210, but I think a few stores are selling for $190) is one of the best I've heard for full bass extension (I think some might find it a llitle overwhelming), with a neutral monitor-like tuning for mids and highs- soundstage is a bit of a rough area, especially with some rock it gets a little cramped sounding.

In the basshead thread I have seen a couple people recommend the Sony XBa-a2, the xb90, and the JVC fxz100/200- might be worth researching.

*edit* sorry just realized I was thinking US dollars, and apparently some prices went up anyway :frowning2:

I have not heard the GR07 but I have read so much praise for that thing. Didn't know headphone bar existed, will have to go next time I'm in Vancouver and take a listen.

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #18 of 27
I can only recomend sony xba-a2, i have xb90ex as well and i cant recomend it. sony xba-a2 is more than 200 canadian dollars but i cant recomend other earphones. hope that is of any use, thanks

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 27
Update*
Went to headphone bar on the weekend and tired a lot of earphones, and I landed on the vsonic bass edition.

But I'm a little concerned about build quality.

Can anyone comment on the build quality of vsonic?

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #20 of 27
Update*
Went to headphone bar on the weekend and tired a lot of earphones, and I landed on the vsonic bass edition.

they break, there is no knot on the cable in the earphones so if you pull on cable when you take them out you may just break them. my vsonic vsd3s broke on their own, one morning left earphone didnt play any music. why dont buy buy fidue a73 same price sounds better and good built and also had button and microphone? and also same over ear style of wearing, and you get dual driver which is why they sound better. cheers build quality on vsonic is very crap everyone knows it by now if you read gr07 and vsd3s threads.

what earphones have you tried? have you tried sony xba ones? i know they are different price but just asking. thanks

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #21 of 27
dunu dn 1000

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #22 of 27
GR07BE are good sounding. But one thing except build quality ( got them only for 6 month and no issue ) is not nice on them and that is sibilant ( but much less than GR07 ). DUNU 1K or Fidue A73 are better choice according to my ears.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #23 of 27
Update*

what earphones have you tried? have you tried sony xba ones? i know they are different price but just asking. thanks
yeah kinda figured that the vsonic would be easily broken and/or falling apart as they just feel really cheap, but sound great.

I've tried several different Shure models, and the v-moda vibrato, and the Shure are the best fitting by a long shot.

Have not tried the newer sony's

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #24 of 27
yeah kinda figured that the vsonic would be easily broken and/or falling apart as they just feel really cheap, but sound great.

I've tried several different Shure models, and the v-moda vibrato, and the Shure are the best fitting by a long shot.

oh ok, sennheisers are great, have good detail but for me they lack bass no matter how you put it. but i like them cause they have a good resolution. cheers

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #25 of 27
Update*

Had mine for a year or so with out any issues. Keep them in a hard case, don't pull them out of your ears by the cord, you know... treat them like you just dropped $140 bucks on them and they'll last for awhile. Headphone Bar also has some killer service so if you have any issues don't be afraid to go visit them. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #26 of 27

oh ok, sennheisers are great, have good detail but for me they lack bass no matter how you put it. but i like them cause they have a good resolution. cheers
tried them and I agree that they are quite nice but not as "full sounding" as I would like (meaning some better bass)

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #27 of 27
Update*

Had mine for a year or so with out any issues. Keep them in a hard case, don't pull them out of your ears by the cord, you know... treat them like you just dropped $140 bucks on them and they'll last for awhile. Headphone Bar also has some killer service so if you have any issues don't be afraid to go visit them. 
right right - I'm usually pretty good with all my gear so things tend to last and look better under my tender care.

The vsonic bass had me jamming for sure, and even the shure 315 was a bit boring to listen to and felt as though it lacked detail and fun combined.

Hmm sounds like....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back