Best IEM for unamped iPod/DAP?
Aug 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by antoniost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for all your responses, especially Trager's. Unless someone convinces otherwise, I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Atrio M5s soon.

You will not regret it. But by all means, do some serious (20-plus hours) burn-in with a pink noise file, just to be safe. I agree about the iPod needed more bottom. My daughter has the 5g unmodded iPod video, and it just sounds thin to me, no matter what EQ setting. The Atrios will give you some added oomph.

Trager's analysis was really on the mark.

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #33 of 40
You can get the Atrios on ebay (via seller roaddogonline) for $139 shipped, using the "make an offer" option. Offer $130.

Can't find roaddogonline
confused.gif
. Do you have the link?

Thanks

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by andres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get the Bose in ears.
I heard them at the store, and they were very comfortable with awesome sound. Looking forward to buy a pair myself...

Had a pair of Bose that I got for free with frequent travel points. WAY too bassy for my taste. If you have enough EQ options you might be able to flatten it out reasonably, but they are very warm and muddy on the lows as is. I also didn't like the outside-the-canal fit. It's comfortable, but not secure. Even moving my head around while sitting still would loosen them. I gave them to my daughter, and she likes them, as they're way better than the stock buds that came with her PMP.

I'm in the market for new IEM's myself. Currently torn between the q-jays and the Atrio M5's, from what I've read.

Sep 1, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... i couldn't find any E500PTH new on eBay for $259. How did you manage that?

They guy has at least 4 sets left - the links to the others are at the top of the auction I won.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=005

Nov 25, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #39 of 40
After spending few months with the Atrio M5s, I'm quite happy with my purchase.

However, I'm looking for more comfortable ear tips or sleeves. I've been using the the black Shure Foam Sleeves (PA910S; small), and I find them to be fatiguing.

I read about inverting the Shure sleeves, but it's painful because plastic the tube is flared at that end and scratches my ear canal.

Has anyone had any experience in general with the five different ear tips that Klipsch makes?

Any comments or idea would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back