Best IEM <$150 matching my description (thanks a lot in advance!!!!!)
Jan 9, 2011 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
Priorities in order from most to least important

1. decent noise isolation
 2. vast 3d soundstage
 3. deep bass
 4. comfort
 5. build quality

max $150 or around

thanks a million

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 8
fx500.  Though I'll note that no IEMs have truly amazing soundstage.  

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 8
The UE 700, is a very neutral sounding iem, that I often find myself listening to despite having higher-end headphones such as the triplefi 10 pro and the ultrasone pro 900. They have a very rich sound, with very deep and textured bass, although it's very neutral bass, so these aren't for bass-heads. The mid range is also very neutral, but sounds somewhat recessed due to very bright highs. They aren;t sibilant, but nonetheless very bright. The soundstage is vaste and like the triplefis, they manage to have a very large sound with revivals full sized headphones. I haven't tried that many iems, but from what I've heard UE is the only brand that can make iems sound large. The isolation and comfort with the complys is superb. They are so very durable looking (highend UEs always are), however cable isn't detachable. You might be able to snatch a bargain and get the Triplefis for around 150, but you'll have to be lucky and patient

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Priorities in order from most to least important

1. decent noise isolation
 2. vast 3d soundstage
 3. deep bass
 4. comfort
 5. build quality

max $150 or around

thanks a million

as others have noted it's hard to get a "vast" soundstage with IEM's, but if you want big, deep bass and like a "warm" sound with clean detailed (but not harsh) highs, check out the Munitio 9mm: https://munitio.com/products-page

They meet your other 4 criteria in spades.  The noise isolation is amazing (I was just wearing them on a plane traveling for the holidays and you can't hear sh!t when they were making announcements!!), the bass is ridiculous, they are very comfortable (quite small for IEM's and with 3 different tip sizes) and the build quality is... well, bullet proof!  (excuse the horrible pun
redface.gif
)

with coupon code "vibrato" knocking 25% off they are under your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back