Best IC's under $100
Jun 18, 2003 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

SteeleBlayde

1000+ Head-Fier
Looking for the best ICs under $100. Listen to mainly rock, pop and female vocals. Mainly going to use it with my mint meta42 and my portable cans/alessandro ms-pro/etys. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Jun 19, 2003 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 20
Jun 19, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #3 of 20
yeah, the outlaws are on my list of candidates as are the ZuCable Disco IC line, Kimber ICs and DiMarzio ICs (might consider M-Path) from headphone.com. I just cant make up my mind about which ones to get.

Jun 19, 2003 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 20
I know you said under $100 but Zu is running an intro special on thier Gede ICs on ebay for just barely over $100 here . Just $109+shipping for a 1m length that lists at $199. If that's not a deal, I don't know what is. If you need a different length just email Zu and I'm sure Adam can work with you, he is a very nice guy. I plan on getting a pair of these once the need arises, which will be once a get a DAC. Good luck!
-Mag

Jun 19, 2003 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 20
theres a lot of good interconnects at audiogon , you can email and haggle with sellers there in the classifieds.

Jun 19, 2003 at 4:39 AM Post #6 of 20
I'm going against the grain here, and saying that the outlaws are a waste of money. I've got a cheap generic set of cables here, i paid two dollars for, that sound exactly the same as the outlaws, they are slightly less warm. Just as detailed, same sonic signature. Now, i'm not saying that cables don't make a difference, not at all, however, it's just a matter of finding the right ones...

I wish i could comment more so, however, the only cables that i've heard that make a significant sonic difference is the cardas neutral referance, and the diffference is very significant. Brutally revealing.

Jun 19, 2003 at 6:00 AM Post #8 of 20
I think Audioquest Coral is pretty good for the price. I believe you can get a 0.5m pair for about $100.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 20
No one seems to ever heed this advice, but I would highly recomment the WireWorld Equinox III+, on sale for $100 new at the Cable Co. Slightly warm sounding cable, with outstanding mids (perfect for female vocals), and good, clean, highs. Regularly $200, good reviews from those who listen to them, including me!
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2003 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 20
I'm trying two pairs DH Labs Silversonic BL-1 today. Just got them in the mail. They're breaking in but are sounding very promissing. I'm trying them in place of a pair of silverlace and supersilver II (in my speaker setup), just because they're so inexpensive (2 pairs of 1M for about $118 shipped Drew of moon audio). They're not flashy but seems to be well made. So far, they don't seem to be as upfront as the homegrown audio stuff, which is what I'm looking for. They're definitely not laid back in my system either (got some 2Pi speakers with piezo tweeters and a 300B tube amp). I'm gonna let them burn in some more.

I'll swap out my zucable warmouth in my headphone setup this weekend and see.

Jun 20, 2003 at 12:09 PM Post #12 of 20
Van Den Hul Bay C5s are worth a mention.. very good cable at a reasonable price (~$50)
at the next price point ($80-100) the D102 III is an excellent performer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back