Best Highend Android Smartphone audiowise (with TF10s)
Jan 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #16 of 28
any idea what audio chip my HTC Sensation XE uses? :/

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #19 of 28

Quote:
Does Player Pro improve the sound quality or something? I own the Sensation XE too and am quite pissed with the fact that you can't disable sound enhancement ( Beats enhancement , or HTC enhancer.) Sound quality is pretty good..but the beats enhancement seems to increase the bass and the highs a little. ( i think.)

Ditch the Included player. The Beats stuff is shocking bad which is a shame because i find the hardware top notch ( i use my IE7's to listen with btw)

Download Playerpro and the DSP module (ensure you turn it on in the settings) and enjoy.

The DSP will also let you turn the 30hz hump on the Beats earphone (if you are using them) down a little.

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #20 of 28

Quote:

Ditch the Included player. The Beats stuff is shocking bad which is a shame because i find the hardware top notch ( i use my IE7's to listen with btw)

Download Playerpro and the DSP module (ensure you turn it on in the settings) and enjoy.

The DSP will also let you turn the 30hz hump on the Beats earphone (if you are using them) down a little.

It costs SGD 5.99 :frowning2:
Btw any idea what chip the Sensation XE uses??
What about Neutron player?

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #22 of 28
The best i've heard is the galaxy nexus.

Galaxy s is nice as i have the wifi edition, but the nexus has a fuller sound and a low floor noise.

Supercurio is working on voodoo for it.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #23 of 28

There is a trial period for most stuff on android (5 days for the player apps i think) so try them out before you buy.

I tried them all and thought the "playerpro/dsp app was significantly better than poweramp and neutron.
Anyways, 5 dollars is **** all really.

Which chip?
Does that matter?

My Sensation is street's ahead of the my 3gs (cyrus) 4 (cyrus?) 5.5g IPod (wolfson) and my Cowan X5l. (unknown)

Have a listen to the above trials and let us know what you think....

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #24 of 28

There is a trial period for most stuff on android (5 days for the player apps i think) so try them out before you buy.

I tried them all and thought the "playerpro/dsp app was significantly better than poweramp and neutron.
Anyways, 5 dollars is **** all really.

Which chip?
Does that matter?

My Sensation is street's ahead of the my 3gs (cyrus) 4 (cyrus?) 5.5g IPod (wolfson) and my Cowan X5l. (unknown)

Have a listen to the above trials and let us know what you think....

Player Pro doesn't do gapless playback. For that reason poweramp and neutron are better players hands down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #25 of 28

Hm, I need UPNP players at home to access my NAS. I found one, called UPNP player, doing just that ... with it, I can also do things like select my networked Denon AV Receiver and send music directly to the Denon from the NAS, the Android tablet and its player merely controlling what to play.... I'm not sure I have the best player, though.

Quote:

To my knowledge, Google has reduced the time to try out and cancel a purchase to a ridiculous 15 Minutes....

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #26 of 28
Texas instruments with Burr Brown analog circuits take care of the DAC. This is a bespoke design with consideration to Beats audio enhancements i.e. loud & equalised even @ flat settings

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #27 of 28
have to say that having come from a Galaxy Nexus to a Galaxy S with voodoo the difference is amazing with my ie80s... i didnt think it would be as noticeable but with s1 does sound great.. why oh why did they drop the DAC in the newer phones? Actually the s1 was a pretty great phone all round.. i find it just a little lacking on processing power but otherwise it does me for basic tasks..

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #28 of 28
I am so, so close to downgrading from my GS2 to a GS1.  I was heartbroken to learn that the US GS3 wasn't getting the Wolfson DAC, and that the international variant with Wolfson wouldn't work on AT&T's LTE network.  I suffered with the GS2 for over a year, telling myself "it's not THAT bad" but I just listened to a couple of tracks on an iPhone 4S (not even the benchmark) and had to face the fact that I've been listening to garbage SQ this whole time. 

So, what's a would-be audiophile to do?  It looks like I can get a used GS1 on fleabay for ~$100, I think this may be my best option.  It has voodoo support, after all.  I guess the processor won't be as fast, but realistically, 90% of what I use my phone for is music, with the remaining 10% split pretty evenly between checking my fantasy football team, checking facebook, and *occasionally* actually talking to someone. 

Has anyone else downgraded?  I've been a cutting-edge tech guy my whole life, but in this case it looks like the best hardware is from the past. 

How hard would it be for Colorfly or Cowon to just cram a cheap cell phone radio into one of their portable music players?  Even if it was just a pure phone-and-music device, with no internet, I think I'd still buy it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back