Best headpones that D3 can drive?
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tikrasltu

Head-Fier
Hey
smily_headphones1.gif
I need your advice and help again.. I'm considering an upgrade from M50 to, probably, open headphones, as I do not need closed cans anymore.
All listening will be made at home:
Laptop/ipod (mostly stuffed with ALAC and a bit of 320kbps MP3) ---> iBasso D3 ---> ???
So now I'm looking for final element - phones.

I'm really lost in new selection. Honestly, I do not have a strict price limit, so I would like to get best sounding headphones for my current system, as I'm not willing to buy another dac/amp. (I would jump to D7000, but I'm afraid, D3 won't be able to drive them properly..)

I'm very concerned about the comfort too, as I do all my university work with my headphones on, so as far as I know, Grados are not the best choice for comfort??

In addition, I mostly listen to various kinds of rock, funk, reggae and classical music.

I previously owned Denon D1001 and now I have M50 - I found both phones attractive to my taste. Maybe denons had better balance than M50 (too much bass), but I just found latter more juicy and full, also more sturdy for outside use so I decided to keep M50. I do not need that much bass, as I'm not a basshead, so I prefer quality>quatity.

So I'm looking for any suggestions for my current system:) And I would be very pleased to find at least small comparison of various phones.

Thank you very very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back