best headphones
Feb 21, 2013 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nygamer814

New Head-Fier
hi im new to head-fi

im looking for headphones that sound great bass,mids, and higs
i listen to sony xb500 i love the bass but high and mids feel overlapped
i want headphones that have the bass of the xb500 but with better mids and highs that go real good togeather.
i listen to dubstep, electronic/ dance, hip hop, r&b, Reggaeton, reggae, pop, some country just taylor swift, and rock
budget around 300
im looking at sony xb700 or
v-moda m100s

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 4
welcome to head-fi

try xb700? or before people provide more options that would burn your wallet, you could state your budget first!

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 4
I had the XB700's. They're not as impressive to me now that I've heard better headphones, and they certainly aren't competitive at $300. Are you just looking for bass-heavy headphones around that price? You won't get headphones as bassy as the ones you have at that price because a sound signature that heavily favored for the bass isn't considered very good, and $300 is getting into the better headphones. The good news is, the better headphones out there will probably change your mind in terms of what you want in a headphone. This has happened to numerous head-fi'ers who came in looking for bass and ended up being exposed to much better sound. I assume you're looking for a set of closed headphones. For your budget, I'd recommend a Beyerdynamic DT770 80 Ohm with a Fiio E12 portable amp. The V-modas you mentioned are also popular and should work for your purposes, as well as the Sennheiser Momentum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back