Best headphones under 300$ for rap/hip-hop, techno, trance. HELP ME PLZ
Jan 10, 2013 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

drmrwt

Head-Fier
Hi fellow Headfiers,

I am currently considering the V-Moda M-100 or the HE-400, my budget for the headphones is 300$. Need a full sized can. size does not matter neither does closed back or open back as long as the sound is worth dying for. I listen to Rap, Hip-Hop, Electronic, techno and some Rock. Just needed to check your opinions before pulling the trigger. I currently do not have a good source either, i am using a toshiba windows laptop and the Samsung Galaxy s3, what would be a decent DAC under 200$? i will add an Amp later on. Have an eye out for the Odac or the CEntrance Dacport LX.

Regards,
Shahab.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #5 of 6
I made this analogy long time ago, but its like having sport tires on a compact car. Not worth the price or effort. 

Pick the one you like honestly. Sound quality wise, your limit is the source and the differences wont be that huge. 
Keep in mind you wont be able to go out with the HE-400 at all, but that one should be better.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I made this analogy long time ago, but its like having sport tires on a compact car. Not worth the price or effort. 

Pick the one you like honestly. Sound quality wise, your limit is the source and the differences wont be that huge. 
Keep in mind you wont be able to go out with the HE-400 at all, but that one should be better.

lol "sport tires on a compact car" nicely put. Any other options you might want to add?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back