Best headphones under $200.. I know, i know, its been done.
Jan 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PRnate93

New Head-Fier
Jan 31, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 9
I love my Grado 225s I listen to a lot of alternative and a bit of metal and it sounds good on those. I'll bust out my old dubstep to see how it sounds on that and update you. never heard the other two but the Grados cost $200 and they sound real nice. I'm new to all of this audiophile stuff so forgive the fact that I am not very adept at describing the sound of headphones. I will say however, that I find the Grados to be a sort of fun(?) headphone to listen to everything kind of sounds alive through these. I also love the bass on these. Good luck on your search. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 9
Fischer Audio FA-003!
atsmile.gif

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 9
I agree with the others in this (and many other threads), and think that SR225 is the best open headphone I've heard in that price range and SRH840 is the best closed headphone.  Both work ok unamplified but the Shure scale well and sound even better with more juice.  Don't get a closed headphone unless you absolutely need one, as open perform much better for the price imo.  In your shoes, I'd spend $25-50 more and get a used HD600, like the one currently listed in the fs forum.  They don't have the imperfections of SR225, which are somewhat weak bass and intense highs. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I agree with the others in this (and many other threads), and think that SR225 is the best open headphone I've heard in that price range and SRH840 is the best closed headphone.  Both work ok unamplified but the Shure scale well and sound even better with more juice.  Don't get a closed headphone unless you absolutely need one, as open perform much better for the price imo.  In your shoes, I'd spend $25-50 more and get a used HD600, like the one currently listed in the fs forum.  They don't have the imperfections of SR225, which are somewhat weak bass and intense highs. 

About the SR225's, noting the fact that they are open, would you still recommend them if i intend to use them in public use? I value headphones that are somewhat decent with noise canceling for the reason that i use them in school and i like loud music
basshead.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 9
^ Not at all.  Outside sounds will enter like you're not wearing headphones at all, overwhelming the music and killing sound quality and your music will leak out so others will hear your music even at low volumes.  Closed headphones or iems are the only options in public use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back