Best headphones that pair well with schiit stack--up to $500
Jul 28, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #16 of 44
A neutral frequency response reproduces the same tonal balance that is in the recording, so if that is annoying, it's due to the recording's tonal balance, not the headphone's. (Though no headphone is neutral.)
A then the problem may be in the audio file and not in the headphone itself, but do you think the HE560 is a good all-around or does it have something better in that same price range ?

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #17 of 44
A then the problem may be in the audio file and not in the headphone itself, but do you think the HE560 is a good all-around or does it have something better in that same price range ?

I owned the HE400i and HE500 and auditioned the HE6 and HE1000. However, I have not heard the HE560. "Better" ultimately comes down to preference. I prefer STAX electrostats, while others may prefer a dynamic or planar magnetic. If you only want one headphone in that price range, it would be a good idea to go out to meets and/or shops to audition all you can.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #19 of 44
I'm interested in the HE560, but I read reviews saying that they were very neutral headphones, and Serman005 said that a very neutral sound is annoying to hear, now I was in doubt again between this one or the HE400i that is said to have a small sound stage , And I want the same characteristics that Hagenhays wants, a natural but fun sound to listen to songs of all genres, is that a good choice ?
I would pick the 560's over the 400i's in a heartbeat. They are a much better headphone period. Their sound signature is very close but the 560 is better in my opinion. Just heard the RS2e's this past weekend and found them very nice sounding but would have to have a pad change for me.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #21 of 44
I would pick the 560's over the 400i's in a heartbeat. They are a much better headphone period. Their sound signature is very close but the 560 is better in my opinion. Just heard the RS2e's this past weekend and found them very nice sounding but would have to have a pad change for me.
And what is the best for all genres, HE560, RS2E, HD700 or who knows some other of your preference? I'm open to new questions, but I do not go hand-in-hand with a good sound stage, I always wanted to feel the music coming from all directions and from outside the headphone. :dt880smile:

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #24 of 44
And what is the best for all genres, HE560, RS2E, HD700 or who knows some other of your preference? I'm open to new questions, but I do not go hand-in-hand with a good sound stage, I always wanted to feel the music coming from all directions and from outside the headphone. :dt880smile:
I think the 700's get the nod on soundstage. You have been asking these questions for about 2 months now. What are you looking for?

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #25 of 44
I think the 700's get the nod on soundstage. You have been asking these questions for about 2 months now. What are you looking for?
Are you counting the time it is ? :ksc75smile: It's just that I've become interested in the world of audiophilia recently, except that I live in a country where everything is expensive and I'm poor, so I can not make the mistake of regretting that I do not know what a sound is Hi-end, that's why I want to buy a headphone for all genres because not sooner can I buy another one, so if it were you who already tested the best equipment on the market, which headphone would you buy all-around 500 dollars ?

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #26 of 44
You are taking the word of people you don't know. Don't know for sure but I believe you started on Beyer's and AKG's that is fine but you are one of the most indecisive people I've dealt with. That's fine it's your money and you should not be told how to spend it. I'm just a little tired of giving you options. So I am done with you sorry but you can't make up your mind and I have a life.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #27 of 44
You are taking the word of people you don't know. Don't know for sure but I believe you started on Beyer's and AKG's that is fine but you are one of the most indecisive people I've dealt with. That's fine it's your money and you should not be told how to spend it. I'm just a little tired of giving you options. So I am done with you sorry but you can't make up your mind and I have a life.
AAAAAAH! No longer exaggerated, I'm asking these questions because I do not know what a neutral sound, colorful, euphoric, dark, cold, hot and etc, I mean in theory I know but in practice not, that is I do not know Which I like because I could never test these options because in this country trash everything is expensive, so I'll ask you one last time and I hope you are as clear and objective as possible, I have a very varied musical taste but I like it a little More of EDM even though it's not a basshead, so based on my taste do you believe that the HE560 would be a good option or have something better worth up to $ 500?

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #28 of 44
Now I'm looking for a closed back set. Deeper lows, brighter highs vs laid back sennheiser. Hoping for someone to point me in the opposite direction of senns.
???audio technica, fostex maybe.

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #29 of 44
I love my Ultrasone Edition 8 Rutheniums. For smaller budget, the V-MODA M100 is great, too (and I have one for sale, with V-MODA DAC/amp, for less than the DAC alone!). Ad is here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back