Best headphones overall for around $200
Jan 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HernandezNUFC

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for headphones around $200 and I was planning on getting sr225i because I listen mostly to rock but I do listen to many other genres so now I am thinking about something else. I just can not decide and now I need some help.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 6
Here is a test of treble pain:

1- put on DT770 pro
2- set volume to medium (not loud, not quiet)
3- cue up Marvin Gaye's 'Let's get it on' and hit play

See if the crashing cymbals don't make you rip your headphones off. 

edit: sorry, I couldn't help myself.  SR225 are a great choice.  Their treble is north of neutral, but get the flat pads and they'll be just right.  Nothing else in that price range will make electric guitars sound so good imo.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 6
I'm looking for headphones around $200 and I was planning on getting sr225i because I listen mostly to rock but I do listen to many other genres so now I am thinking about something else. I just can not decide and now I need some help.

You could get the Grado SR60i.  Only $79 on amazon.  They'll give you a good idea of what Grado's sound like.  If you don't like them send them back.  Gotta love Amazons return policy 
wink_face.gif
  If you do like them, then feel free to return those and purchase the 225, they'll sound even better.  

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #5 of 6

You could get the Grado SR60i.  Only $79 on amazon.  They'll give you a good idea of what Grado's sound like.  If you don't like them send them back.  Gotta love Amazons return policy 
wink_face.gif

If you do like them, then feel free to return those and purchase the 225, they'll sound even better.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back