best headphones for the budget of $250-300
Oct 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

loneranger76

New Head-Fier
hey guys i already posted a question regarding this but nobody has given me a straightforward answer.

okay i want headphones for 250-300 dollars and they have to be extremely comfortable and the sound quality has to be on par with audiophile headphones.

i dont have a big tube amp but the only amp i have is the FiiO E5 amplifier which i bought for $25.

i dont want to spend more money on an amplifier!!!

i usually listen to rap, pop, rock and other genres of music.

i am open to any headphone company but i need the exact headphone that meets my needs.

thanks yall for the help i really appreciate the forums! thanks

i currently own the "monster beats by dr. dre pros". i bought them for 427 dollars and i am really disappointed with them because of their lack of comfort.

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 4
You could read some reviews of the Audio Technica AD900.  Precisely within your price range and doesn't need an amp to preform well. Will you like them, I don't know.  But a lot of others do.

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 4
If you don't want to invest in a more serious amp I'd look at the A900Ti that's the FS archive forums right now. They're very balanced sounding with a nice soundstage and sound good with basically all kinds of music. They are also one of the most comfortable headphones I've owned and sound fine unamped. I feel like you will be hard pressed to find a headphone that will perform better without either a better amp or a higher budget. I haven't heard the AD900 but I have heard the AD700 and if they sound similar I think the A900Ti would be a better fit for the types of music you listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back