best headphones for rock and metal music?
Dec 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
i just got the srh750dj headphones from shure and they are more then excellent for rock. but whats the best pair of headphones under 200$ for metal rock and punk.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 16
most on here will say grado...

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 16
ya i heard about grado but they are hard to find in my home town. i would most likely have to order them online and if i can avoid ordering online taht would be great.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 16
in your opinion huys are the srh750dj headphones from shure good for rock. they seem to suffice for me.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 16
what stores would you be going to?

Quote:
ya i heard about grado but they are hard to find in my home town. i would most likely have to order them online and if i can avoid ordering online taht would be great.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #6 of 16
i have never heard them, but if they sound good to you then be happy with them. otherwise, be prepared to spend a lot of money on here long term.

Quote:
in your opinion huys are the srh750dj headphones from shure good for rock. they seem to suffice for me.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #7 of 16
I have the grado sr80i they are amazing and you can order them through amazon and the shipping should be free.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #8 of 16
good to know

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #9 of 16
the stores are futureshop best buy and asortments of local audio stores. i live in a small city of 200 000 people so there isnt many headphone shops. im from kelowna bc canada btw.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #11 of 16
Grado. It really is that simple. I totally get not wanting to order, but for Rock and Metal (and, for me at least, just about everything) they are awesome.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #12 of 16
I want to say K240, but they're over $200 in canada. I find they work very well for metal....
btw best buy and futureshop have horrible selection in canada... only good pairs are the shures.

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 16
for you, and your preferences it may be that simple, but i prefer a more laid back sound. no grados for me. i listen to metal and rock with my HD650's and i enjoy it a lot. i actually love them for rock and metal, and pretty much every other genre i have tried. i think headphones should be chosen based on what kind of sound signature the user prefers. it shouldn't be based on a single genre in my opinion.

i just don't see why somebody would want a bright headphone for music that is already pretty bright. maybe i am more sensitive to treble than most but i like to tame bright sounding music, not make it even brighter. most don't seem to agree with me on this, but i have seen a few others voice the same opinion, so i'm not the only one.

i'm also one of those people who can't switch back and forth between two or more headphones. once i get used to a certain sound it takes me a while to adjust back to the other. for example, i find my HD650's to have plenty of bass, but when i use my XB500's for a little while, the HD650's seem bass light for a short while. i don't like doing that to myself. i prefer to get one good headphone and stick with it. i only have a total of 3 different headphones, and i have used only one exclusively for the last month or so.

Quote:
Grado. It really is that simple. I totally get not wanting to order, but for Rock and Metal (and, for me at least, just about everything) they are awesome.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #14 of 16
200 usd don't buy you HD650's or 600's

for 200 usd you can buy Grado SR225's. Consider ordering them, at one point, you're going to buy something online, if not now, then in the future.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #15 of 16
i wasn't trying to recommend HD650's, if anybody was thinking that. i know my last post mentioned them, but i know that's out of his price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back