Best Headphones for Metal/ Dubstep for 400 or less
Oct 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheRealSwanson

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some nice cans around 400 that can give me a nice bass punch, but not overwhelming because some other genres might not sound too good with too much bass. I listen to music like Periphery and Between the Buried and me and then go to the occasional dubstep. Ive read a lot of reviews on the Dennon ahd2k and then the he 400 but I want something that will be sealed and help with noise. I dont like hearing the outside world too much when I start to really get into the music. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 4
The Ultrasone Pro 900 are some of the best headphones for EDM and Metal. While having a strong bass presence, it doesn't bleed into the rest of the spectrum, and they're very detailed.

The Denon AH-D2000 aren't fast enough for those genres, IMHO, but the HE-400 are a valid alternative.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Pro 900, muddy? Not by a long shot, and you can ask around, they're crystal clear. About comfort, it goes from person to person, I find them perfectly comfortable for long listening sessions without any sort of discomfort. And they do seal nicely, they are closed headphones, not semi-open like the D2000 that leaks quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back