Best headphones for LEBEN cs 300?
Jan 1, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #32 of 35
How would the leben 300x compare to dedicated headphone amp like wooaudio wa22, Darkvoice 337 and audio-gd phoenix ? I am using Accuphase E305V integrated amp now for my k702, am planning for a major upgrade, am struggling between leben or an headphone amp. For leben i can also use for my speakers (am thinking to buy harbeth p3esr next). Would Leben definitely be better than my Accuphase for driving the k702? how would it compare to the similarly priced wa22? or the cheaper dv 337 or audio-gd?? thanks..

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #33 of 35
Unless you're going to use the Leben for speakers, it makes no sense to pay that much for a headphone drive. From the other hand, when you're looking for a decent monitor speaker amp, there is a chance you'll be happy using the K702 with it as well. Integrated amplifiers from Accuphase have much worse headphone outputs than their preamplifiers like C-2800 or C-3800. I haven't tried the other.

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #34 of 35

Quote:
How would the leben 300x compare to dedicated headphone amp like wooaudio wa22, Darkvoice 337 and audio-gd phoenix ? I am using Accuphase E305V integrated amp now for my k702, am planning for a major upgrade, am struggling between leben or an headphone amp. For leben i can also use for my speakers (am thinking to buy harbeth p3esr next). Would Leben definitely be better than my Accuphase for driving the k702? how would it compare to the similarly priced wa22? or the cheaper dv 337 or audio-gd?? thanks..

I prefer the Leben over the Darkvoice and Phoenix, both of which I had for a fairly long time.  I have never heard the WA22.  The Woo WA2, which is a different amp, is better with very high-impedance headphones than the Leben, though, IMO.

Jan 4, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #35 of 35

Quote:
Quote:

I prefer the Leben over the Darkvoice and Phoenix, both of which I had for a fairly long time.  I have never heard the WA22.  The Woo WA2, which is a different amp, is better with very high-impedance headphones than the Leben, though, IMO.

Thanks Skylab, I bought the DV337 finally, and is v. impressed. Am thinking to get the Leben 600 next for primarily my speakers and for next stage upgrade of the headphoen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back