Best headphones for Hip-hop?? (Bass heavy)
Jan 29, 2011 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

smittyryan

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of headphones around the 200 dollar price point. Im looking for a suggestion of headphones that deliver a very good bass and sound really good with hip hop. Im steering away from beats by dre. Some headphones that ive been looking at so far are the ath m50s, skullcandy aviators, and ultrasones. Ive heard that the m50s have some wierd thing going on were thev lost bass in the new boxing. idk if that rumors true but i seem to be hearing it everywhere. I'm just looking for the right headphone with a ton of bass thatll make my hip hop sound awesome! also just as a note i own the rockford fosgate punch plug earphones and i absolutely love them. Im looking for headphones not earphones but im just saying that i love the kind of music that they produce so just putting that out there.

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 7
The Denon D1100s have a crapload of bass (both impact and warmth), and it still manages to be mostly controlled.  $120 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D1100-Advanced-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0042ETXRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296281664&sr=8-1

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 7
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I'd recommend the MDR XB500 or 700. They both have lots of bass. It's also good bass. Not flabby/undefined like some cans can be. If you find they have too much bass or not enough you can always EQ them too. They also have a great soundstage for the price. They are also balanced enough when you EQ them to use with other less bass heavy genres (I don't listen to much rap/hip hop myself).

+1 

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 7
If you want pure bass quantity, I think the MDR XB700s would be a good fit for you.

Personally, I love my ATH-M50s for Hip-Hop. They manage to have a lot of bass (good, detailed, textured bass) while still retaining a nice balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back