Best Headphones for Electronic Music
Nov 6, 2010 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

elzipitio69

New Head-Fier

Can anybody please help with this please cause I am going to buy the ATH-M50's but I read somewhere that it isn't so good for electronic music.

I primarily will be listening to electronic music (House, Minimal, Techno, Progressive) but I listen to rap, rock reggae and ska too.

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 6
I prefer the Q40 for electronic. It offers a better deep end with a nicer rumble that suits the electronic genre better (in my opinion). The M50 is punchier but not as full bodied.

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 6
True about the q40 if with a dac/amp which i never tried it with but the m50 has special moments with electronic/funk, it makes certain sounds heard that shows even more the character of the track and better connects it if the track producer put a certain detail, it shows as intended like on no system ive heard before ( in my v limited experience ) at the same time the q40 has special moments also but maybe the opposite of digging or showing the sound, when an electronic track has those very brief moments it can get very quiet like a black background or the fast driver etc and distinguishes the moment, better disconnects it then i guess, more defined. lol both great headphones, the q40 had bad quality control, a supple quality of the driver softly tapping your ear, Slightly smoother and Slightly higher definition, maybe a product of Slightly more treble cause that's what i get when i Slightly eq the treble up a bit on m50, pretty equal and legendary headphones, though i hear that all changes with the crazy way the q40 scales up with equipment, impressive, must be close to perfect headphone, sweet too. Maybe such a good headphone that they had to stop it lol, i know some things like that. Till we meet again doe with better quality control, not meet other headphones and.. uh, am gonna scale the Sh t out of it. God willing.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 6
The Audio Technica ATH-WP900 does electronic music better than anything else I've heard.

Jul 30, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #6 of 6
Wow just got my m50X, my previous post was about old m50, this one is crap, completely different to the original. Pinche headphone
Anyone know a forward midrange based recessed treble but happy sound (not dull or boring, tho I would take that now instead of dis ex) with non disjointed bass. Voices preferably forward. No "ch" and "s" sounds please, no delicate thin treble either nor rounded off exaggerated low midrange. Anyone heard the q40? Like that, that headphone was sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back