Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
May 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #646 of 736

Last edited:
May 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #647 of 736
I could honestly return the Sony XB500's and keep the Crossfade LPs until Christmas, because on Christmas I'm planning on getting the M100's. If you have any other headphones that you might recommend, why not?

Also, I posted in the FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD fairly recently.

May 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #648 of 736
Okay, I don't have much hopes in the Sony XB500's. I am currently listening to the Crossfade LPs, and man, you can tell that the LPs have a better SQ than the XB500's.

I'm seriously considering to pack it up for now and return my Sony XB500's. Then, I might get headphones on Christmas.

and they will last so much longer than the sonys... ive even worn my lp2s in the rain.

May 3, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #651 of 736
Quote:
EQ bro.
And dubstep barely sounds different on Flacs and they cost money, unless you wanna pirate them and its extremely hard to find dubstep in flacs, just get 320Kbs files, they are only a little worse then FLACs in SQ.
The XB500s will sound great with a little EQ!
They should rumble and shake on your head.
Unless they are fake? Because ive never heard someone say that the XB500 didnt have enough bass
tongue.gif

Dear Haitek, just download winamp and try it out first, or foobar 2000. trying wont hurt
rolleyes.gif

Also do eq, it really is a very good way to improve your sound for free.

And personally i think the XB500 does not have enough bass. XD
The subbass department fell short for me, midbass and highbass was though... excessive
tongue.gif

In short: eq, it is very good for you.

May 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #652 of 736
Dear Haitek, just download winamp and try it out first, or foobar 2000. trying wont hurt
rolleyes.gif

The subbass department fell short for me, midbass and highbass was though... excessive
tongue.gif

+1

May 3, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #653 of 736
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

Honestly, I'll be happy to return the XB500's and keep the Crossfade LP's until Christmas. To be honest, the Crossfade LP's sound is really not bad. And also, it has that alien hard-plastic case :p

May 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #657 of 736
Honestly, I'll be happy to return the XB500's and keep the Crossfade LP's until Christmas. To be honest, the Crossfade LP's sound is really not bad. And also, it has that alien hard-plastic case :p

Just keep the XB500s so you dont get bored of the LPs. If tou EQ, it sounds so much better. I implore you to get Winamp and get that bass up :)

May 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #658 of 736

Just keep the XB500s so you dont get bored of the LPs. If tou EQ, it sounds so much better. I implore you to get Winamp and get that bass up :)

the XB500s were ment to compete with the dr dre beats line.. they sound reminiscent in the sound structure with a little less mud on the mids ive herd them multiple times(my coworker keeps trying to convince me that they sound "amazing" and so i spent an hour with them to shut him up EQing the 500s just does not make them any better)after that i let him borrow my lp2s for a week and guess what happened? he sold his XB500s
when you eq somthing its never without some sort of sonic sacrifice.... and it wont make a low quality file sound "cleaner" it will change the sound of the low quality file. just like let say i shoot a video thats just 5 minutes of an out of focus and over exposed(too bright) water bottle... no matter how much i try to change the color balance it will still be out of focus at the end of the day... but the colors wont be offensive to the eye and you will know its a waterbottle. if im wrong shame on me.:beerchug: also there called XB for x-tra bass! your trying to bass boost an already bass boosted headphone. sounds funny to me

May 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #659 of 736
Quote:
 your trying to bass boost an already bass boosted headphone. sounds funny to me

i did that too... they have not enough quality for me to enjoy anything else so alteast i can enjoy that bass... they shake the most out of any headphone i have seen and they let you FEEL the bass rather than hear it... which makes it more fun(ofcourse you have to amp them rather than concentrating on eq  to let them shake harder)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back