Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Apr 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #256 of 736
Dude just buy the Q40's already and start listening instead of typing... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #261 of 736
Quote:
Alright, so I think I've come up with two headphones that might fit my needs.

1. M-Audio Q40's
2. Denon AH-D1100's
3. Beyerdynamic DT-770 80ohms

Rather than the Denon D1100, get the Creative Aurvana Live. It's actually the same as the now-discontinued Denon D1001, just rebranded under the Creative name (Creative and Denon have the same parent company). Denon made some changes to the design when they released the upgraded D1100, and it doesn't sound as good (and is more expensive!). The Aurvana Live can be ha for $70-$80, although it's not as good as the Crossfade LP IMO. But hey, they're still really good for $70, and you may like them better.

Also, while I've never tried them, the Q40 is a well-regarded headphone here on Head-Fi.

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #262 of 736
Quote:
Rather than the Denon D1100, get the Creative Aurvana Live. It's actually the same as the now-discontinued Denon D1001, just rebranded under the Creative name (Creative and Denon have the same parent company). Denon made some changes to the design when they released the upgraded D1100, and it doesn't sound as good (and is more expensive!). The Aurvana Live can be ha for $70-$80, although it's not as good as the Crossfade LP IMO. But hey, they're still really good for $70, and you may like them better.

Also, while I've never tried them, the Q40 is a well-regarded headphone here on Head-Fi.

I am thinking about the Crossfade LP2's or the M-Audio Q40's...

Can I get someone who has the CAL's in here?

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #265 of 736
Quote:
My list currently...

1. M-Audio Q40's
2. JVC HA-S500's
3. Sony XB500
4. V-MODA Crossfade LP2

You need to make a choice soon, or you're going to end up expecting far too much from them and they'll sound just alright , just based on the title and my knowledge of those headphones, I'd go for the Q40's or LP2

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #266 of 736
Quote:
You need to make a choice soon, or you're going to end up expecting far too much from them and they'll sound just alright , just based on the title and my knowledge of those headphones, I'd go for the Q40's or LP2

Ah, I see. Well, I haven't completely given up on the LP's. Maybe I was overreacting or something, idk...

Aside from the price, how much better are the M-100's than the LP's?

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #269 of 736
Does anyone know of a place in the Atlanta, GA area where you can try out the M100's, LP2's or the Q40's?

Three weeks, 268 posts in your thread, and you still haven't made up your mind?

If you don't find a place to demo locally, the best bet is to suck it up, order your top two choices off Amazon, and return the pair you don't like. As long as you keep them in brand new condition and don't destroy the retail packaging, you'll just have to pay about $10 return shipping to send one pair back. Consider it a demo fee. Let each pair burn in for a couple of days, and then compare them. There's a limit to how much you can learn just from reading these forums. That can only get you about 80% to 90% of the way there. Your individual listening preferences will make the bigger difference over what you can read here. :)

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #270 of 736
Three weeks, 268 posts in your thread, and you still haven't made up your mind?

If you don't find a place to demo locally, the best bet is to suck it up, order your top two choices off Amazon, and return the pair you don't like. As long as you keep them in brand new condition and don't destroy the retail packaging, you'll just have to pay about $10 return shipping to send one pair back. Consider it a demo fee. Let each pair burn in for a couple of days, and then compare them. There's a limit to how much you can learn just from reading these forums. That can only get you about 80% to 90% of the way there. Your individual listening preferences will make the bigger difference over what you can read here. :)

Mkay, you're probably right. TBH, the Crossfade LPs aren't that bad. If I need a new pair of cans, I think I'll go with the Creative Aurvana Live or the Ultrasone HFI-580/780.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back