Best headphones for comfortable/enjoyable listening during the cold winter
Nov 8, 2010 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Goku

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm a IEM guy. Dont really do the huge headphone thing. My MTPG never fail me. Yet this holiday, my family is coming over. When my family get together under one roof, oh man. Things go down. Sooooo, what would you guys...and gals
wink.gif
recommend me. I'll probably just chill by the fireplace the whole time and listen to Norah Jones lullaby me to sleep. I'm looking for comfort and sound quality. Bose has some amazingly push headphones,....but the sound....nuff said. Thanks in advance!!!!

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 5
the Sennheiser HD555/595 are probably some of the most comfortable headphones out there.  They also do really well with vocals, so they would be great with Norah Jones. how much are you looking to spend?

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Well my budget isnt too low or too high. I do wish to invest quite a good amount of $ because I do not often buy full sized headphones so I want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck. I'd say up to 300$ Thanks for your input. Please do keep the suggestions coming! 

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 5
So, I take it you like the lush, deep sound of the MTPG? If so, I would concentrate on finding a full sized headphone that has a similar sound signature. Unfortunately, open headphones usually cannot match closed headphones for bass, but they exceed them in comfort. That said, the Denon D1100 is a very nice closed headphone with spectacular bass, and has a nice dark sound. Ultimately, at $200, that would be the most you would spend if you decided to get those, as anything higher than that (depending on the model), would require an amp. But, the D1100 is would probably fit your needs wonderfully.

Nov 8, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
So, I take it you like the lush, deep sound of the MTPG? If so, I would concentrate on finding a full sized headphone that has a similar sound signature. Unfortunately, open headphones usually cannot match closed headphones for bass, but they exceed them in comfort. That said, the Denon D1100 is a very nice closed headphone with spectacular bass, and has a nice dark sound. Ultimately, at $200, that would be the most you would spend if you decided to get those, as anything higher than that (depending on the model), would require an amp. But, the D1100 is would probably fit your needs wonderfully.

Haha so true. I do enjoy my MTPG...hmmm Denons huh...ill look into it. Yeah, my sflo got jacked a while back and i got an itouch 4 for my bday so im kinda out of good sources. But yeah, thanks for the advice man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back