May 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #46 of 68
Sony W202 the only option today.

just choose your color -> put it on -> keep pushing

no display, no cord, clever-intuitiv-concept -> SAFE
+ Zappin function works great

Sound is OK for price.
ph34r.gif

May 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #47 of 68
I used senn PX-100 when bike commuting.  They're open, sound ok (note that you don't need great headphones because the details are washed out by road noise) and they fit inside my helmet.  They're also cheap enough that i wouldn't mind replacing them if i crashed or got blood on them.

p.s. don't delude yourself- wear a helmet.  It won't be your mistake that gets your head cracked open, drivers are oblivious.

May 8, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #49 of 68
I use Head Direct RE2 IEM's when cycling.

Yes I take one out of one ear in heavy traffic and never have them very loud anyway, but I usually cycle in a large park so I have more trouble dodging squirrels than anything else (which you can barely hear IEM's or not!).

May 8, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #51 of 68
I am way too used to relying on my hearing while riding to wear headphones. And I always wear a helmet too, so I would probably only able to use something like the KSC75 which are open and clipons.

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #54 of 68
If you insist on riding with headphones (plain dumb in traffic) KSC 75's.  I use them when mountain biking/jogging, comfy, good sound and open design helps hear background noises that may prevent an accident.

As far as helmet goes, they're just like seat-belts 99.99% of the time you don't need one, its that one time that you do that gets you.

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #55 of 68
++ PortaPros

-cheap
-lifetime warranty
-you hear your surrounding
-quite good SQ for an unamped can on the go

you might squeeze a helmet in if you really like to go all the way...

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #56 of 68
Best for biking? Something not on your head. 

You could also do what motorcyclists have and have speakers inside your helmet with a mic mounted on top for a modulated ambient added behind the music so you can hear ambulances, etc. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #58 of 68
ok, I didn't read the entire thread, but my suggestion, don't do it, just ignore music for a while when you are on the track, no matter what style of cycling you are doing. You can bring a portable rig with you though, once you reach your checkpoint, settle down and enjoy the music. Be safe and ride strong..

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #59 of 68
The best headphones for bike riding: NONE. You need to keep your ears and eyes alert for everything. I'm betting you don't wear a helmet either. One fall and you'll be listening to headphones from a bed--for the rest of your life. 

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #60 of 68
not everybody is riding 30miles/hour with bike.
there are some of us who are enjoying biking at a lower speed and only crusing on the side-walk.
at low level listening with an open headphone setup its still safe and just much more fun to push the pedals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back