Best Headphones around $100
Feb 6, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #23 of 35
Full sized headphones for working out wouldn't be a great idea. I'm going to assume you like bass since you like Skullcandy. Look into something like the JVC Marshmallows or the Sennheiser CX300 for working out. For other uses, I've heard mixed reviews about the Denon D1100's, basically they beefed up the bass on the D1001 and released them as the D1100, which is too much bass for me, but you may like them. The M50 are probably your other best bet.

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #24 of 35
My suggestion to you is to buy Sennheiser CX300. These are super cheap (awesome value) IEMs that are great for working out, and the best part is that if they are damaged when you are running, etc it didn't really cost that much to start so they are easy to replace. That should set you back like $25 so you still have $75 to work with for listening to music when you are not working out. Here is where I'd suggest buying full sized headphones (or maybe portables). You can try the Grado Sr-60 (a community favorite) for around what you have left.

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #25 of 35

Quote:
My suggestion to you is to buy Sennheiser CX300. These are super cheap (awesome value) IEMs that are great for working out, and the best part is that if they are damaged when you are running, etc it didn't really cost that much to start so they are easy to replace. That should set you back like $25 so you still have $75 to work with for listening to music when you are not working out. Here is where I'd suggest buying full sized headphones (or maybe portables). You can try the Grado Sr-60 (a community favorite) for around what you have left.

the thing about this is that i heard so much about grado's but they leak to much sound.

how would u guys compare skullcandy inkd($20) versus cx300($30) (this is kinda like the only people that know are the people that have used them)

inkd sound good( i onwed them two times before but they have broken and 20 dollars is alot of money for something that is going to break), so if i choose the cx300 over the inkd its going to be because they sound crazy good.

they are alot more conterfeit of senns than skullcandy

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #28 of 35
D1100 has more bass than the M50. The M50 bass was a bit weak in my opinion and I listen to the exact same artists as you. When listening to some of eminem's songs from his latest album, I was left wanting/expecting a bit more. Of course, you're going to hear some people on here saying the bass might even be too much on the M50's. But considering your choice of music I'd be willing to bet you like your bass
biggrin.gif
. If these will be used mostly for working out though... I would highly suggest getting some IEMs/earbuds, you can get some pretty nice ones around $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back