Best Headphones around $100
Feb 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

jedichampion

New Head-Fier
im looking for very good headphones around $100 NOT $200.my mind was set on senns hd555 but i kept reading about its lack of bass even though the rest is great so what are your opinions.i know that there are similar good headphones by audio tech but i dont know much about detail about them.

i mostly hear to songs almost close to heavy rock (song that are used to max out while lifting weights)

anywhere from
eminem
sick puppies
disturbed
godsmack

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 35
You were planning on lifting weights with headphones on?

Considering the size of even 555's, that might be a problem. Any kind of lifting that includes arms going past the head probably won't work.Plus they could fall off your head during mid-lift, which is a really messy situation.
I suggest heading over to the Portable Headphones section and searching for IEM's.

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #4 of 35

Quote:
You were planning on lifting weights with headphones on?

Considering the size of even 555's, that might be a problem. Any kind of lifting that includes arms going past the head probably won't work.Plus they could fall off your head during mid-lift, which is a really messy situation.
I suggest heading over to the Portable Headphones section and searching for IEM's.

i was only planning on using for daily and before maxing out ( dont happend much) or maybe during maxing out and for daily lifting i was thinking of buying some skullcandy inkd earbuds( i bought them twice before sound great but they broken twice) any other suggestions for other cheap durable earbuds?

Quote:
Great bass? Audio Technica M50. You can't go wrong with that purchase.

thx for opinion.so your saying m50 over 555?

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 35
What does maxing out mean? I can only think of maxing out in star craft 2

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #11 of 35
Also, for $120 you could get the Denon AH-D1100.  It supposedly has good bass.  I am getting a pair in a couple of weeks.  They are closed back, and they are fairly portable compared to other fullsized headphones.

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #14 of 35

Quote:
It's probably has one of the best price:value ratio in the Audiophile market.

I don't know if Id say that.  If your looking for relatively pronounced bass then they will deliver but in the same pricerange the SRH440, MS-1, AD700, and DT440 sound better overall (though not necessarily on terms of bass).  They are probably the best bet for someone mostly worried about bass though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back