Best headphones around 100$?Isolated
Nov 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Kuloss

Head-Fier
currently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
currently looking at the KNS 8400, and the ultrasone 580, are there any better options? at first i was leaning towards the M50's, but read about how much hate the new "white boxed" models are getting. I listen to electronic,jazz,classical, etc. just about anything but country,dubstep(is dubstep considered a genre?), and metal/hardcore stuff. My budget is around 100$, and i need to be able to wear them at school and in public areas(library etc.)Thanks

The HFI580 can be weird for some. It's good, but polarizing. I liked the KNS for electronic and jazz. They're also much lighter and more portable. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 12
Yeah,but i also enjoy bass,and apparently the bass on the 580s are outstanding,but,the highs are supposed to hurt the listener's ears?like one reviewer said,instead of a vuitar solo,it sounded like somebody screaming into a garbage can. Are the krks bass-weak?

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
Yeah,but i also enjoy bass,and apparently the bass on the 580s are outstanding,but,the highs are supposed to hurt the listener's ears?like one reviewer said,instead of a vuitar solo,it sounded like somebody screaming into a garbage can. Are the krks bass-weak?

KRKs are pretty balanced. The highs aren't as bad as other Ultrasone offerings, but still not as good as you'd expect at that price. Also look into the XB500 if you want lots of bass without everything else lacking too much. For more of a conventional/balanced sound, SRH440/M50.

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #5 of 12
:frowning2:,i might go with the krks then,what are the differences between the krk and m50?my brother came down and u tried out his m50s,and i have to say,they seem a bit overhyped but not too shabby

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
frown.gif
,i might go with the krks then,what are the differences between the krk and m50?my brother came down and u tried out his m50s,and i have to say,they seem a bit overhyped but not too shabby

The M50s are a bit more aggressive, a little more subbass and treble sparkle. The KRKs are flat. Might be some recessions/dips in there, but not very noticeable. Build is better on the M50, but the KRK are lighter. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back