Best head/earphones for a commuting bass head?
May 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dohrey

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a set of headphones or earphones that have good bass, are not too expensive, are vaguely portable and block outside noise very effectively (for anyone who's never had to travel on the London Tube, it is pretty much the loudest travelling environment you will ever come across). Any suggestions?
I was looking into CX300s and Koss Porta Pros. I would prefer headphones as opposed to IEMs, but if the IEMs are not too uncomfortable then I'm open minded.

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
I'm looking for a set of headphones or earphones that have good bass, are not too expensive, are vaguely portable and block outside noise very effectively (for anyone who's never had to travel on the London Tube, it is pretty much the loudest travelling environment you will ever come across). Any suggestions?
I was looking into CX300s and Koss Porta Pros. I would prefer headphones as opposed to IEMs, but if the IEMs are not too uncomfortable then I'm open minded.

Best way to go and I think I know cause i walk to and from work everyday which takes me over 2 hrs a day. I use the Atrios future Sonics. Quick to put in, They are durable and they have more than enough bass. I am a bass head I like Bass in everything and if it doesnt come with a lot of bass I try my best to put bass in. boris

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
You can try the Klipsche s4...pretty comfy and good bass....

yeah I've just bought myself a set of s4+ audio technica es7 for portable use. Both are great, but the klipsch in ear's isolate so damn well its amazing and considering how important that is for you ( it is for me as well being a uni student = stacks of travelling ) it'd be your best bet.

Plus the bass is pretty phenomenal.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #5 of 7
fischer eterna's all the way

i commute on bus and train everyday, the isolation is awesome but not so much that u'll lose connection with everything around you, although u nearly do. and bass is astounding and good quality. 

overall sound is great

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 7
IE80 (check out the forum as they are just releasing but early impressions show most find them an upgrade to the IE8 so far). FX700 (quantity and quality deep bass), EX1000 (for very deep and controlled bass).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back