Best head-amp for MDR-R10?
Jun 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #16 of 20
Another vote for SP SDS despite all the bad reps.  The SDS w/ R10 is a clear step above the Zana Deux, Woo 5, as well as Headamp Gilmore Reference Balanced (GSX equivalent) in a direct comparison. 

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 20
I have no Singlepower SDS but I enjoy the use of the 300B Balancing act with both bass heavy and bass light R10.
I will also have the EAR HP4 and will see what is the result with the use  of 6SU7GTY's.  The 300B BA is better than the balanced beta22. I also have the Singlepower Slam MP3 but does not have a chance to try yet, will test soon.
However my best setup is still the HE90/Aristaeus with GEC B759 as drivers,( but it also need a good electrical setup
and I use the Furutech GTX (R) wall outlet + NBS black label II to BPT LC1 + Stefan audio art power cable)

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #19 of 20
i'm hoping for reports about pairing the r10 w/ the new dna stratus amp. has anyone used it with the eddie current balancing act? some have reported that lovely amp seems to work a bit better with lower impedance cans. it was set up here, and i was there, but that was a while ago and currently my recollections are vague:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/516806/a-thread-for-mini-meets-at-larrys-house

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:
i'm hoping for reports about pairing the r10 w/ the new dna stratus amp. has anyone used it with the eddie current balancing act? some have reported that lovely amp seems to work a bit better with lower impedance cans. it was set up here, and i was there, but that was a while ago and currently my recollections are vague:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/516806/a-thread-for-mini-meets-at-larrys-house

I think I said this before, but try calling Ray Samuels about building a B52 that is tailored to the sound of your R10s. I'm not sure if he has the time to do this, but I would ask.
The B52 (I have one) is a very fine sweet amp and Ray can tweak it for you I'm pretty sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back