Best HD800 Amp
Aug 21, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #616 of 654

Quote:
I just received a price for the HD800+StageDAC+Concerto for almost the same price Any reason not to take go the separate route with both an AMP and DAC instead of the "all in one"-symphony?

Think I'll get the StageDAC/Concerto combo and as I'm using a computer as source I've been persuaded to get the M2Tech HiFACE as well, instead of connecting the USB directly into the StageDAC.
Any thoughts on that?

Aug 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #618 of 654

Think I'll get the StageDAC/Concerto combo and as I'm using a computer as source I've been persuaded to get the M2Tech HiFACE as well, instead of connecting the USB directly into the StageDAC.
Any thoughts on that?

Interestingly I have found the Symphony to sound better via USB than via S/PDIF or Toslink. But the HiFace is certainly an option worth considering.

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #619 of 654
Not-sure – When I read issues I always want to find rational information from sentences. In first hand I eliminate demagogy, personal attacks, floof, personal stupidity etc. When I read producer’s web pages, you need read things “between lines”, what is hidden. Several producers say you only one half of things, second one you need find or understand personally.

It is great that you listen Sirius (actual is second generation of this) module. Your suggestion that it is fantastic need write more sentences for better understanding. I would like write more info for others who do not know what we speak. Especially to Currawong. Once I spoke about CD players and their DAC and master lock here. Because these components are usually in consume class players very miserable quality, installed miserably, SIrius is the module which does things right, with adequate components and construction. This is the reason why it is fantastic solution. Things are made in correct form, WITHOUT CAT IN BAG as in consume class players. The list of CD players which I presented is only the part of devices where the things are (how to say it) NOT so good, from „less terrible“ to „very terrible“. The list contain devices where this problem was found and where Sirius module does things much better. I haven’t written propaganda, demagogy, attacked constructers of CD players or so, I only said rational and true information, how things are done. Naturally, I can present concrete proofs and true facts.

Absolutely same is true for solid headphone amps.The reason why Casea Lyra amp is fantastic (shown in Pasuls issue or message) is same argument as for Sirius module. Principally same DAC is used for this amp too (if you want to have them). The differences are very minimal, there are not things well used for CD players.
I would like to say that two or three VERY SERIOUS head-fiers has interested to test and review these amps. When I say something, you can speculate if it is true or not, or it is advert or no, but if the truth say serious other people, who are here well known with reviews, it is truth. Perfect work does best advert, perfect work NOT need advert.

The reason why I wrote these issues about this amp is the fact that this is successful well known product from Czech republic. It is VERY SERIOUS device, without CAT IN BAG, without terrible secret insight. This product is NOT known in the world of head-fi and producer has no pages in English (but this product is very serious quality with excellent price), so I made decision to present them here in head-fi, to present what it is, what is insight etc, to present very useful information for others, for you reader. In own regional forums (hifi.slovanet.sk, own small head-fi hear, or avmedia forum) there this product is well known and highly valuated. I think it is very useful for everybody from head-fi to know serious or interesting solutions from small producers from other „worlds“ as head-fi is. So this is NOT advert and I have nothing with producer’s company !!!

[size=11pt]This is rational part of topic, the other part, about personal attacks or pure speculations, demagogy, I think, everybody who read issues here can find right opinion personally, recognize what is rational argumentation based on facts or proofs and what is pure demagogy, paranoid, personal aversion etc.[/size]

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #620 of 654
JAZZ – I cittate – “Interestingly I have found the Symphony to sound better via USB than via S/PDIF or Toslink.“ This is simply said the pure proof that things insight this device are made, how to say it, miserably, something is incorrect or not optimal. If you understand things in deep details, how things work, you find that true digital connection is better then USB connection (second generation). I own Bechmark DAC PRE and I know what I write.

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #621 of 654
I requested a review unit of the Casea Lyra Mk II from the maker.  He has just replied to my email, so looks like this will happen.  I'm interested in comparing it to the Meier Concerto, which I think highly of.

Aug 21, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #622 of 654

JAZZ – I cittate – “Interestingly I have found the Symphony to sound better via USB than via S/PDIF or Toslink.“ This is simply said the pure proof that things insight this device are made, how to say it, miserably, something is incorrect or not optimal. If you understand things in deep details, how things work, you find that true digital connection is better then USB connection (second generation). I own Bechmark DAC PRE and I know what I write.

You can certainly imagine that because you say so it's not necessarily the truth to me.
wink.gif
 In terms of quality of the amp section, my benchmark is the input signal. Of all the amps I've auditioned the Symphony is closest to the «truth» in this respect in my understanding and to my ears. Your ears or your benchmark may differ.

Aug 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #623 of 654
Ok, I present the secret. Three very serious head-fiers has interested to test and review Casea Lyra amp (with or without DAC). Skylab is one of them. I do not know which model he chosen, with or without DAC, with or without special setup for the most preferred headphones (resp. general setup). This is out of my person, but I think, it is great idea when somebody serious listen it and present information about device. As I said, when I say something, head-fiers can react like in this thread, but if you obtain proofs, serious reviews, then the signs are more objective. I know the answer. It is not difficult to guess and there is no speculation or my personal singleness. If the reviews will be correct and objective, without speculations, the answer is distinct.

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #624 of 654

Ok, I present the secret. Three very serious head-fiers has interested to test and review Casea Lyra amp (with or without DAC). Skylab is one of them. I do not know which model he chosen, with or without DAC, with or without special setup for the most preferred headphones (resp. general setup). This is out of my person, but I think, it is great idea when somebody serious listen it and present information about device. As I said, when I say something, head-fiers can react like in this thread, but if you obtain proofs, serious reviews, then the signs are more objective. I know the answer. It is not difficult to guess and there is no speculation or my personal singleness. If the reviews will be correct and objective, without speculations, the answer is distinct.

One thing you seem to underestimate is that different ears hear differently, and different persons have different sonic ideals. Otherwise there would be uniform component choices. It may be hard for you to imagine, but one person's ideal sonic characteristic can be another person's sonic nightmare. Note that not everybody claims to have a universally valid hearing and sonic ideal! I for one have owned quite a few Meier amps and know how miserable they sound
wink.gif
 – also compared to some highly respected amps out there.

As I said, when I say something, head-fiers can react like in this thread, but if you obtain proofs, serious reviews, then the signs are more objective. I know the answer. It is not difficult to guess and there is no speculation or my personal singleness. If the reviews will be correct and objective, without speculations, the answer is distinct.

There's no «correct» and «objective» review. It's always dependent on the components and their synergy, plus the sonic experiences and preferences of the reviewer. Meier amps have received excellent reviews in the past, the Concerto is one of them (ask Skylab!).

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #625 of 654
This is the reason why several independent people do reviews. One can be very subjective and give no useful information, second one can be emotional after “first positive” impression, third can be very rational, third can be different. The aim is to obtain information from different directions, from different people who has experience with reviews writing, who are respected here, to deliver useful information for other head-fiers.

You are well known here too, I think it is good idea if you add your review, your opinion from your position. I think as more objective information is presented, it is better for everybody.

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #626 of 654
:
This is the reason why several independent people do reviews. One can be very subjective and give no useful information, second one can be emotional after “first positive” impression, third can be very rational, third can be different. The aim is to obtain information from different directions, from different people who has experience with reviews writing, who are respected here, to deliver useful information for other head-fiers.

You are well known here too, I think it is good idea if you add your review, your opinion from your position. I think as more objective information is presented, it is better for everybody.

You don't seem to understand: There's no objective review! Adding mine would mean adding another subjective point of view – which may or may not conform to someone else's. Whereas you effectively seem to believe that your opinion represent an objective truth... Therefore the corresponding reaction from the forum.

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #627 of 654
I completely agree with JaZZ here that there is no such thing as an objective review.  Review is based on the reviewers interpretation.  In this case, their interpretation of the sound that is produced by source/amp/headphones.  

Nepitus, you may have found "your" sound that you enjoy but that doesn't mean that it is the ideal sound for me or anyone else.  You have to understand that this hobby is absolutely subjective and can be seen by the different house sounds that each company brings to the table.  If there was an ideal sound that everyone universally agreed upon, then there would only be one company remaining as all others would be garbage.

This thread had turned from recommendations to amps for the HD800 to something that resembles a train wreck with a hint schilling on the side...  

Quote:
You don't seem to understand: There's no objective review! Adding mine would mean adding another subjective point of view – which may or may not conform to someone else's. Whereas you effectively seem to believe that your opinion represent an objective truth... Therefore the corresponding reaction from the forum.

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #628 of 654
I absolutely agree - there are no objective reviews. Only subjective ones. I do believe strongly though that more subjective reviews are better than less.

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #629 of 654

Quote:
Any thoughts on that?

IIRC, you can stream Hi-Rez material with the HiFace. If you go that route I would be interested in your experiences. Esp. differences in redbook performance between HiFace and original USB connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven’t written propaganda,

Yes you did. You used "ad nauseam", "appeal to fear" and other techniques that are typical for propaganda.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptius 

I only said rational and true information,

No. You speculated.
You speculated about the quality of the Corda Symphony and Concerto.
You have obviously no experience with them whatsoever.
You speculated and wanted the readers to believe your speculations are facts.

Those are signs of trolling.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Cheers

Aug 21, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #630 of 654

... I do believe strongly though that more subjective reviews are better than less.

Yes, of course!
smile.gif
 It's just that I'm too lazy ...uuhhmm: busy these days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back