Best HD800 Amp
Aug 10, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #451 of 654
My post still stands.  Spritzer was talking about his opinion of Rudistor's designs, based upon his knowledge of amplifier, yet you try and deflect the conversation to a discussion of Czech or other amplifiers. 

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #452 of 654

Quote:
When I sent these pictures to dr. Rudi Stor,...

That must have been a really short way. 
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #453 of 654

Quote:
SR-71Panorama – please present you serious your opinion, what and whay do you think it etc. We are NOT interested on „picture“ (which I can not so see). We are interested on topics for discussion and argumentation.

Nebby – the electric signal goes to device and the output is again electric sign, inside headphones is transformed to accoustic waves which you listen in your ears.

I didnt realize you had limited vision, my mistake.  

Basically I was trying to call you an idiot.

Aug 10, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #454 of 654
SR-71Panorama – Yes, sometimes I see here people with deficit of intelligence. I work on projects in the area of information accessibilities for blinds, in the area of mathematics, puzzles or other aspects, I prepare specifications, include sound support, so I have a lot of contacts to producers of headphones, DAC or amps, so I obtained info from second part of the coin, so I have clear image.

These Czech amps are very good products with very attractive pricetag. I listen today my HD 800 with Stefan Audio Art Voice cable with both ZAMA HPA-1 and Casea Lyra amp. Both are excellent. The trebles or bass are notorially reflected two topics about HD 800. I think, trebles are nice. The bass with ZAMA HPA-1 are very beautiful, very natural.

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #455 of 654

Quote:
I listen today my HD 800 with Stefan Audio Art Voice cable with both ZAMA HPA-1 and Casea Lyra amp. Both are excellent. The trebles or bass are notorially reflected two topics about HD 800. I think, trebles are nice. The bass with ZAMA HPA-1 are very beautiful, very natural.

You are wrong. It's the Voice cable that makes difference.

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #457 of 654
[size=11pt]Lil’kinght – I usually listen with stock cable and Stefan Audio Art cable, to see differences. The Casea Lyra Mk2 (with DAC) with HD 800 are very good combination in origin. With Voice cable the sound excells, the addition of amp significant for dynamics, details, bass and middles presentation. Excellent combination. WIth ZAMA HPA-1, the binaural processing does great work in cooperation with HD 800, the Instruments are beautifuly forwarded and they have very beautiful soundstage. The Voice cable addition is there very significant. [/size]

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #458 of 654
Quote:
ZAMA or Casea are very small brands from Czech republic, one person style, so there are NOT pages in English.  

Why on Earth do you take umbrage at Currawong calling the amp "random and unknown" and then admit the above? There's only a handful of these amps on the surface of the Earth and yet you dispute the fact, I guess implying your mental disconnect with reality is now complete?

UPDATE: COMFIRMED: The Zama is a random amp in an already obsure hobby.

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #459 of 654

Quote:
@ neptius whats the point discussing some random unknown amp which no one care anyway...we are talking bout the GREATNESS of DOCTOR rudistor right now...

spritzer can you post some photo of the pcb with the sticker on it ?

Sure thing, here is the RPX-100 (Edit: click it for a much larger picture):

and here is the RPX-300:

Bad picture but you can easily see the RPX-300 sticker next to the dual volume controls (which are a RPX-300 "feature") plus the silver side panels which are new option form Hi-fi2000 (or www.modushop.biz for those who don't know these are DIY boxes) not available on the RPX-100.  Now for those of us who can see, this is the same PCB with just a sticker over the RPX-100 silkscreen. 

Now we should talk about the cricuit since it has been analized as far as the pictures will allow us to do.  The front end is a differential amp with a rather nasty current source (do note the up and down markings for the pots)
rolleyes.gif
while the rest of the parts make up a Darlington single ended emitter follower output stage with a load resistor for a "curent source".  Now this means the amp has a rather high DC offset (probably about 7VDC) which is naturally eliminated by the output caps but it does cripple the voltage swing of the amp so it is worse then many single ended amps.  If this wasn't bad enough, then the amp has virtually no damping factor which is confirmed by the owner of the RPX-100 as the bassi is just horrible with Grado's.  With a 32ohm load the damping factor is a whopping 0.21333 and with 300ohm it is 2.  Compare it with the Dynafet and that is 128 for 32ohm with only local feedback and 640 with global NFB.  Much, much higher with a 300 ohm load. 

Now for the rest of the bad news, the PCB is just horrible compared to what people should be using in the 21st century.  There is no ground plane so this thing hums like mad which is why the pot and input selector is shielded plus all the creative ground connections on the PCB.  I know Rudi has the same problems on the ESP amps (hence the crazy bias supply) but I've never had any just by building the same circuit properly. 

Now whether this is the circuit used in the RB-010 I don't know but I'd say it was more then likely.  That has certainly been the case with Rudi's ESP amps where they all use the same basic circuit with just varying amounts of fail done to them.  I just love the truly mad idea of using ECC83's with EL34 output tubes which is even crazier then my own amp (ECC83's and 6S4A's) but I'm sad that somebody paid good money for that pile of fail...

Quote:
Why on Earth do you take umbrage at Currawong calling the amp "random and unknown" and then admit the above? There's only a handful of these amps on the surface of the Earth and yet you dispute the fact, I guess implying your mental disconnect with reality is now complete?

UPDATE: COMFIRMED: The Zama is a random amp in an already obsure hobby.

I believe he called it world renowned or something like that in the Stax thread...
rolleyes.gif

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #460 of 654
Wower - did you listen ZAMA HPA-1 or Casea Lyra amp? I think, not. In first hand, LISTEN them, compare, analyze with several headphones then speak. Why do you think things from your last issue? The absurde hobby is the presentation of pure speculations about things which you not confirmed, visited or listen. These articles presents nothing new, nothing constructive. I write most issues from „head“, so when I answer something what is presented in other issue, pardon. These pages are NOT idea in order of information accessibility, so I apply approach most useable for me.

I am doing much better work. Expect cooperation on projects for blinds, I listen, compare devices, where they are better in sound presentation, what they does better for concrete headphones. This information is useful for people who are seriously interested on good amplifier for headphones like HD 800.

For example bass presentation with ZAMA HPA-1 thank to binaural processing is very beautiful, the basses are more detailed, whole, very deep, very natural, solid. The trebles are very detailed, clear, there you listen the „tick“ and continuous presentation in space, continuously. Bass giutar is very clear and natural, precise presentation. The Instruments are more live, more realistic. The transmissions between bass and middles, then middles and highs is very continuous and natural. These results are better for this amp then for several other solutions which I tryed, for amps liek RPX 33, Beyerdynamic A1, Lehmann audio Linear, Conor SH-1 etc.

For very detailed compositions like in Collegium Musicum tracks, I visited very detailed recognition of instruments.in space, much better details for hapsichord or organ. When in track in same moment are two instruments which produce the sound in same frequences (for bass) then the detailens and recognition is excellent. There binaural processing in pure analogue form is very valuable.

PS: Please tell me what do you think about Grado RA-1 amp?

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #461 of 654

Quote:
@ neptius whats the point discussing some random unknown amp which no one care anyway...

Once upon a time every brand/amp started as "random, unknown", no? Well, some of them get a little "help" around here to get known fast like the one with the "crap" name, for sure... So you never know when will a random unknown amp become the new Head-Fi darling...

Aug 10, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #463 of 654

Quote:
Wower - did you listen ZAMA HPA-1 or Casea Lyra amp? I think, not. In first hand, LISTEN them, compare, analyze with several headphones then speak. Why do you think things from your last issue? The absurde hobby is the presentation of pure speculations about things which you not confirmed, visited or listen. These articles presents nothing new, nothing constructive. I write most issues from „head“, so when I answer something what is presented in other issue, pardon. These pages are NOT idea in order of information accessibility, so I apply approach most useable for me.

I am doing much better work. Expect cooperation on projects for blinds, I listen, compare devices, where they are better in sound presentation, what they does better for concrete headphones. This information is useful for people who are seriously interested on good amplifier for headphones like HD 800.

For example bass presentation with ZAMA HPA-1 thank to binaural processing is very beautiful, the basses are more detailed, whole, very deep, very natural, solid. The trebles are very detailed, clear, there you listen the „tick“ and continuous presentation in space, continuously. Bass giutar is very clear and natural, precise presentation. The Instruments are more live, more realistic. The transmissions between bass and middles, then middles and highs is very continuous and natural. These results are better for this amp then for several other solutions which I tryed, for amps liek RPX 33, Beyerdynamic A1, Lehmann audio Linear, Conor SH-1 etc.

For very detailed compositions like in Collegium Musicum tracks, I visited very detailed recognition of instruments.in space, much better details for hapsichord or organ. When in track in same moment are two instruments which produce the sound in same frequences (for bass) then the detailens and recognition is excellent. There binaural processing in pure analogue form is very valuable.

PS: Please tell me what do you think about Grado RA-1 amp?

​
0_0

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #465 of 654
neptius illustrates what I can only call a "movement" these days at headfi: let random nonsense triumph over all!  To be sure, he is one among many.  I don't even think he's their leader.

How about we get something concrete out of you neptius: post what the other MOTs said about whatever the hell it was you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back