Best gaming mice
Oct 1, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #62 of 407
I have a G700 and I love it.  All those buttons are so useful, and it very easy to tell them apart.  Honestly I'm not sure I could ever go back to a "standard" mouse.  There are just so many useful features that you can map to this thing.

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #63 of 407
I've been using the steelseries Ikari Optical for the passed couple years now and it's been working great, I've also tried the steelseries d3 mouse which wasn't bad, the Razer deathadder, which again wasn't bad. The only really bad mice I've tried were both Corsair mice (the 2 original ones in their gaming line), and both were pretty terrible. Now that I think of it, pretty much all the Corsair gear I've tried (Headsets, mice, keyboards) have been pretty terrible.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #64 of 407

1. [size=inherit] 4. Logitech MX-518
[/size]

Been using one of those since forever, i've even had to replace the right click micro switch as i wore it out with too much Battlefield.

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #66 of 407
  Yeah it seems about right. Logitech mouses take so much beating and they only stop working from wearing out the mechanical components.

Yea, that's also my experience with the MX-series. Well they do have the rather easily developing "loose cable connection"-problem but that is easily fixable by rerouting the cable inside the shell in order to avoid letting the solder points become the stressing point when doing quick movements. (unfortunately with the bigger mouse feet version the screws are hidden underneath the mouse feet though so that also means a skate-replacement)

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #67 of 407

Yea, that's also my experience with the MX-series. Well they do have the rather easily developing "loose cable connection"-problem but that is easily fixable by rerouting the cable inside the shell in order to avoid letting the solder points become the stressing point when doing quick movements. (unfortunately with the bigger mouse feet version the screws are hidden underneath the mouse feet though so that also means a skate-replacement)

Fortunatly my g400 doesn't share the same problem, bought it 2 almost 3 years ago and is fine to 7 more years
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #68 of 407
  I have a G700 and I love it.  All those buttons are so useful, and it very easy to tell them apart.  Honestly I'm not sure I could ever go back to a "standard" mouse.  There are just so many useful features that you can map to this thing.

Bought a G700 after my Razer Deathadder broke, can't remember a life without all the programmable keys. Only issue is that I feel like the mouse is too small for me - I can't really rest my thumb properly.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #69 of 407

Bought a G700 after my Razer Deathadder broke, can't remember a life without all the programmable keys. Only issue is that I feel like the mouse is too small for me - I can't really rest my thumb properly.

Even just having a profile for desktop is so useful.  I have program shortcuts and hotkeys mapped to the buttons.  I have pretty small hands for a guy and I feel the g700 is perfect for my hands.  Can't imagine what someone with medium or large hands would think.  Does your thumb overhang too much?

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #70 of 407
I'm gaming with my Logitech MX performance :p Best mouse I ever got. Planning to get the G602 mouse...

The MX mouse's size is big enough to have my whole hand on it. The other mouse I used are featureless. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #71 of 407
  I'll expand on my post but a good gaming mouse is made primarily of two important factors: shape and performance. Shape is a subjective matter and will be something you have to decide for yourself. Performance on the other hand can be pinpointed to several factors the most important of which are the following:

- No negative/positive acceleration
- No jitter.
- No prediction.
- High tracking speed.

Very few mice meet all of the previous criteria. A good resource for REAL gaming mouse reviews is the overclock forums (http://www.overclock.net/f/375/mice). The community they have over there are very dedicated and knowledgeable when it comes to mice. Lots of very thorough scientific testing. Off the top of my head here are the ones I can remember meeting my recommendations (there are more that I will add):

You're forgetting something that is just as important and that is the drivers and software GUI.

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #72 of 407
The Thermaltake Tt eSports Theron is a pretty sweet mouse. I just got it, it blows off any Razer, Steelseries etc.

http://www.illgaming.in/2013/10/thermaltake-tt-esports-theron-gaming-mouse-review/

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #73 of 407
  The Thermaltake Tt eSports Theron is a pretty sweet mouse. I just got it, it blows off any Razer, Steelseries etc.

http://www.illgaming.in/2013/10/thermaltake-tt-esports-theron-gaming-mouse-review/

This wouldn't work for my grip though, I need a round backside, this is way too rectangular shaped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back