Best gaming mice
Sep 5, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #46 of 407
Microsoft sidewinder x5. Superb quality feel no sweaty grip and just feels nice. I have a bunch of mices and only logistics can compete quality wise. G730 is not bad either.

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #47 of 407
I have a Razr Naga Molten (12 keys on the side) Its a great mouse... but within 2  months the weight inside broke... so i hade to take it apart and get it out, now the mouse is lighter and still working great after 13 months

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #48 of 407
I don't know for how many years I've used MX518, probably for like 7 years (the older one with smaller mice feet as it glides better for me on my cloth pads "Razer Mantis Speed" or "Everglide Titan Monstermat"). I've been on the constant lookout for replacements and tried a few but can't seem to find a good replacement even if the dimensions on the MX518 isn't my ideal, it's just so damn comfy for me though.

It's difficult to find a replacement because I have this ideal glide I want, not too slippery but not too rough, MX518 with small feet on these pads is just right for me. I'd ideally want a bit smaller and lighter mouse, I really enjoy the feeling of a small and lightweight one but it's the shape that has let me down on the ones I tried. I'm something in-between of a palmer and claw gripper, grabbing mostly my mouse with my thumb and my pinky and ring finger on the other side and lightly resting the two other fingers on top while grabbing it also down at the sides but leaving a bit of a gap between the mouse at the palm. 

I've discovered I need a pretty round backside and the top of the mouse, where it has the peak in height should be pretty centered, maybe ever so tiny bit towards the back works okay but only a very tiny bit.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #49 of 407
Yes I too have been using a MX518 for years .It refuses to become faulty on a illuminated edgewise-seretide mat. And I too like the way its "just right" in its movements. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #50 of 407
I have had a couple of Logitechs, Razers and a CoolerMaster. But I keep going back to Microsoft 1.1. Seems to be the perfect "gaming" mouse for me :)

So I ordered a 10-pack of them, should last me some years at least. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #52 of 407
I have had a couple of Logitechs, Razers and a CoolerMaster. But I keep going back to Microsoft 1.1. Seems to be the perfect "gaming" mouse for me :)

So I ordered a 10-pack of them, should last me a some years at least. 

LOL

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #53 of 407
Zowie FK for ambidextrous mouse.
Zowie EC2 EVO for right handed mouse.

Both feature optical sensors so they are just as good as the G400 when it comes to tracking.

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #55 of 407

So I ordered a 10-pack of them, should last me some years at least. 

I see you're from Finland, same as me, mind selling one of yours? ^^ I always wanted to give one of these a try. :)

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #56 of 407
I'll expand on my post but a good gaming mouse is made primarily of two important factors: shape and performance. Shape is a subjective matter and will be something you have to decide for yourself. Performance on the other hand can be pinpointed to several factors the most important of which are the following:

- No negative/positive acceleration
- No jitter.
- No prediction.
- High tracking speed.

Very few mice meet all of the previous criteria. A good resource for REAL gaming mouse reviews is the overclock forums (http://www.overclock.net/f/375/mice). The community they have over there are very dedicated and knowledgeable when it comes to mice. Lots of very thorough scientific testing. Off the top of my head here are the ones I can remember meeting my recommendations (there are more that I will add):

- Zowie AM/FK
- Razer Deathadder
- Logitech G400

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #57 of 407
I completely agree with previous regarding shape & performance. It's difficult to find one that does everything, I'd further also add "glide" as an important subjective factor next to shape, we all have our own taste when it comes to mousepads and how fast the glide should be too, for me that's a very important factor. I can't play with a mouse that slides on the surface with no friction at all, then my aim is all over the place. I'm a fairly low sens player but far from extreme. I prefer cloth pads too as my wrist gets tired fast with a hard surface and well I don't like the fast glide aluminium etc has to offer. I also dislike the feeling of mouse being "stickied" to the clothpad which happens with some mice and it sucks (cough IE 3.0 cough, like I'd move it on top of sandpaper). Seems generally smaller mice feet works better with smooth cloth pads to minimize the contact area, my Razer Mantis Speed and Everglide Titan Monstermat (which are both extremely robust and I've used them for probably a combined 6-7 years now and looks like new if you put it into the washing machine every now and then xD) works superb with my MX518 with the smaller plastic mouse feet, the glide is just perfect for my taste why I've sticked to this combo for so long because it's hard to find a new mouse or mouse+pad with similar amount glide, barely any friction and moves very smoothly with little effort but if you flick it over the pad it still stops quite fast.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #58 of 407
  I'll expand on my post but a good gaming mouse is made primarily of two important factors: shape and performance. Shape is a subjective matter and will be something you have to decide for yourself. Performance on the other hand can be pinpointed to several factors the most important of which are the following:

- No negative/positive acceleration
- No jitter.
- No prediction.
- High tracking speed.

Very few mice meet all of the previous criteria. A good resource for REAL gaming mouse reviews is the overclock forums (http://www.overclock.net/f/375/mice). The community they have over there are very dedicated and knowledgeable when it comes to mice. Lots of very thorough scientific testing. Off the top of my head here are the ones I can remember meeting my recommendations (there are more that I will add):

- Zowie AM/FK
- Razer Deathadder
- Logitech G400

I was about to post something like you posted and I must say you covered almost all important aspects in such a small amount of text.

I cried when I knew the price mark from the G400 jumped from 30€ to 50€ in the upcoming G400v2. Very bad for the consumers but an awesome market strategy from Logitech right when G400's popularity was exponnetialy growing.

I wouldn't recommend the Deathadder because of the shape being very love or hate and because it can be hit or miss in terms of build quality, like very other razer mouse and ofc they can be a bit overpriced.

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #60 of 407
I am currently using the corsair vengeance m60

Comfort wise, I've had better but I don't think anything matches the build quality since its pretty much a block of solid metal with plastic glued on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back