Best game soundtrack?
Nov 7, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #316 of 437
Hard to really say what's the best or even what's my favourite. Both Ori soundtracks are some of my favourite. Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind. Halo series. God of War and lastly Assassins Creed Valhalla. Final Fantasy 7 as well. There's more I'm sure but those are the ones that stand out to me personally

Nov 8, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #317 of 437
God of War: Ragnarök so also great.
Game (and Soundtrack of collectors edition) was released 40 Minutes ago. Midway through the Album I can say it's amazing

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #318 of 437
Same day I posted last time I started listening to the music from Bonelab, there are some ridiculously good tracks in there for (I say this with love, fun game) a clunky VR title. This crap is Electronic music done right.

Boneworks also has good tracks, but they're more slow-paced comparatively... with the exception of this one

Nov 19, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #320 of 437
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this game yet. You all must be old or something of that sort.
P.S. I will admit that I am putting on some rose-tinted glasses for this occasion.

Oh god the countless hours spent in minecraft.
Literally thousands.

Dec 13, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #323 of 437
biased topic tho

well, hard to remember so I pick what's around me (my YouTube play lists that is)

mass effect 1 soundtrack. masterpiece.

mine craft story mode season 1.

assasin creed sea shanties. (4 and rogue)

shadow of the colossus (that sounds more like "music" than a soundtrack made for a game if u ask me).

Jan 4, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #325 of 437
Final Fantasy 10 and 13, The Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Silent Hill 2 are soundtracks I keep coming back to. It's hard to say which is the absolute best for me... but I am slightly biased towards Silent Hill 2

Jan 6, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #326 of 437
This doesn't go in the "best" category (why even name this thread that anyway, seriously?), more like, "currently listening to".

TSUKIHIME -A piece of blue glass moon-

yc9dz03965vca_600.jpg

Qobuz link

I love listening to the soundtrack on my system for a game that I'm also playing during the same general time period.

Currently "playing" (reading) through the first arc using a Switch emulator on the PC, fan-translated. I find it to be eminently like-able. Because... otaku.

The soundtrack works great within the context of the game, though a little less so as a standalone active-listening experience. Still, sounds surprisingly good on a hi-fi system, IMO.

Also, the soundtrack is exactly 8 hours long, because... Japanese game soundtrack. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back