1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best game soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by Wretched Stare, Sep 17, 2019.
  1. Wretched Stare
    I love both the Dark Souls 3 OST and Skyrim but recently been listening to new game ST. What's your favorite?

2. AxelCloris Administrator
    Ooh, it'd be tough to pick a singular best. The ones I go back to most often are TES: Skyrim, Chrono Trigger, Overwatch, and TLoZ: Ocarina of Time. It's tough to go wrong with any of Bethesda's big games. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout titles in particular have amazingly well done soundtracks. Deus Ex: Human Revolution also has a great soundtrack.

Wretched Stare likes this.
  3. Orcworm
    It's difficult to choose an absolute best soundtrack, but I'd probably have to go with Bloodborne's. I purchased a PS4 just for that game when it released, and definitely don't regret it (though the other exclusives helped too).

4. knivek
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy XI
    Chrono Trigger

5. Wretched Stare
    Truly a great game and with a excellent soundtrack. The whole Souls-Borne universe is rich with atmosphere.

Orcworm likes this.
  6. protoss
    There isnt an absolute best game soundtrack. Theres about 100 amazing soundtrack.

But I notice games with religious (godly) mythological soundtracks usually are consider close to being in the top 25. I notice a few people actually name games that are what I describe, example, bloodborne, soulsgames, Chrono Cross/trigger, Final fantasy, ecth... It will be hard for fighting games, shooting games and racing games to be in the top 25 also.

I will vote Nier 1 and Nier 2

7. Redcarmoose

8. Trancefreak
    Everything Jeremy Soule ( GuildWars 1, 2 / Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim )
    DeusEx Human Revolution and even Mankind Divided
    Witcher 3

Might be biased because of nostalgia: Witcher 1 and Unreal Tournament '99.

9. SilverEars
    The mother of all soundtracks

Koji Kondo composed it, and look at the others he composed. Nintendo wouldn't have sound of Nintendo without Kondo. He's responsible for the sound of Nintendo.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  10. swollazn
    I am in my late 20s, played a variety of games since middle school. The soundtrack I keep coming back to is Fallout 3 soundtrack on long drives.

It invokes a real nostalgic mood for me that I cannot explain. It is calming to the ears and brings a flood of memories back.

11. PopZeus
    Whoever Nintendo is getting to compose Legend of Zelda under Koji Kondo's supervision gets my vote.