Best game soundtrack?
Sep 17, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 435
Ooh, it'd be tough to pick a singular best. The ones I go back to most often are TES: Skyrim, Chrono Trigger, Overwatch, and TLoZ: Ocarina of Time. It's tough to go wrong with any of Bethesda's big games. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout titles in particular have amazingly well done soundtracks. Deus Ex: Human Revolution also has a great soundtrack.

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 435
It's difficult to choose an absolute best soundtrack, but I'd probably have to go with Bloodborne's. I purchased a PS4 just for that game when it released, and definitely don't regret it (though the other exclusives helped too).

Truly a great game and with a excellent soundtrack. The whole Souls-Borne universe is rich with atmosphere.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #6 of 435
There isnt an absolute best game soundtrack. Theres about 100 amazing soundtrack.

But I notice games with religious (godly) mythological soundtracks usually are consider close to being in the top 25. I notice a few people actually name games that are what I describe, example, bloodborne, soulsgames, Chrono Cross/trigger, Final fantasy, ecth... It will be hard for fighting games, shooting games and racing games to be in the top 25 also.

I will vote Nier 1 and Nier 2

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 435

Nov 3, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #11 of 435
Whoever Nintendo is getting to compose Legend of Zelda under Koji Kondo's supervision gets my vote.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #14 of 435
#1 by far:
Nier Automata
Favorite track: Weight of the World, Japanese version with Marina Kawano
Honorable mention (nostalgia factor):
Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast

Starting to like a lot:
Death Stranding

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #15 of 435
Best video game OST ever.... Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The full OST is 6 full CD's in length. Here are just a few examples. Keep in mind, to really understand how great this music is, you really need to play the game or at the very least watch the 13 hours of cutscenes available on youtube. (it's much shorter than the 100+ hours required to beat the game)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back