Best Galaxy s3 iem's?
Apr 29, 2013 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

VeXun

100+ Head-Fier
I recently switched from an Iphone 4S to a Galaxy SIII and am loving jellybean, so amazing. Anyway I have a pair of klipsch x10i's and etymotic hf3's unfortunately only the middle button work I really want a good near audiophile quality iem headset for my device.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #2 of 3
First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Budget? Sound/signature preferences? Preference in terms of comfort, isolation, build?

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 3
X10's are already very nice, had a pair but recently transfered over to a set of er4p's and am so far enjoying the more detailed treble and extended highs, bass is also great, not lush or bloated but lean, striking and controlled with great impact.I also had a set of Phonak pfe 232's often acclaimed as the best universal iem, they too had great clarity and were the best of both worlds between etymotic and klipsch having a lush but not bloated presentation (the x10's were perhaps too lush) bass with both impact and body, great timbre, etymotic highs and well detailed mids, clarity although not quite the level of the etymotics was a great deal better than the klipsch, soundstaging was also realistically large but not overly. The downside is that the pfes cost more than a set of x10's and etymotics combined and recquires a good amp to provide proper bass, clarity and soundstaging although the Wolfson dac in the s3 should do just fine as they seemed to play pretty well on a note 2 (they didn't play well with my realtek laptop though). Again having an amp is imperative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back