best full size headphone for listening to edm and club music
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

pepsee5

New Head-Fier
Denon ah d2000 vs V-moda crossfade lp2 vs Ultrasone pro 900 vs PSB M4U2 vs Beats Pro by dr dre vs soul by ludacris sl300 which is the best headphone for listening to edm, house , hip hop , R&B, and club music.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 26
Quote:
Denon ah d2000 vs V-moda crossfade lp2 vs Ultrasone pro 900 vs PSB M4U2 vs Beats Pro by dr dre vs soul by ludacris sl300 which is the best headphone for listening to edm, house , hip hop , R&B, and club music.

Heya,

Depends on your preferences of sonic qualities.

much prefer the D2000 for bassy music. But that's because I really enjoy monstrous sub-bass, less of a big boomy mid-bass, same great mids, and a slightly sparkly treble. So the Denon sound is good for me. The PRO900 was just too boomy, all mid-bass bloat, with spiked super edgy treble. The Crossfades sound like some generic mediocre closed headphones, nothing special to even talk about, they're not even that comfortable, feel small actually. Can't comment on the jewelry with junk drivers that you mentioned. But I can say also take a look at the M-Audio Q40 for a smooth bassy treat that is inexpensive. Also look at modded T50RP's, like Mad Dogs.

Ultimately what you prefer will determine the headphone. There's no best just based on name/genre combination.

Very best,

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #4 of 26
Quote:
 Can't comment on the jewelry with junk drivers that you mentioned.

I'm sorry, but I laughed at this for some reason.. But yeah, i'd have a look at the m-audio Q40's, Denon D2000 and the Audio Technica Pro700Mk2 are probably a good choice. Although, if you can get to try them, that's the best way of finding out, this headphone business is extremely subjective.

Thanks,

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #5 of 26
Overall, the Ultrasone Pro 900 are the best bet for the genres you've specified. And both sonic characteristics as well as headphone signature need to be taken in accoun to find out what works best for you.

D2000 isn't exactly fast enough to handle EDM, regardless of its warm presentation.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #6 of 26
I just got a new UE6000. Fantastic for EDM and hiphop on noise cancelling mode. Which cancels noise by increasing the bass end to sub woofer levels while maintaining the highs and mids Fantastic for the price. Look into Tyll Hertsons review on them. They sound absolutely great for bass genres actually.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #7 of 26
thanks a lot for ur valuable review , i will probably get the ultrasone pro 900 coz of its portability and gud bass , but tell me one thing i am going to use it mainly on ipods and iphones so do they need amps to sound good coz i m not planning to get a amp now so will they sound gud without amps?

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:
thanks a lot for ur valuable review , i will probably get the ultrasone pro 900 coz of its portability and gud bass , but tell me one thing i am going to use it mainly on ipods and iphones so do they need amps to sound good coz i m not planning to get a amp now so will they sound gud without amps?

They sound relatively ok without additional amplification, but they scale very well with better gear. You can use them "unamped" (technically everything is amped, which is why there are quotation marks), but I do recommend you getting a headphone amp as soon as possible, something like a PA2V2 or a Fiio E11 are a good starting point.

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #10 of 26
Hi,

I used to own the Ultrasone pro 900 that i was using with iphone 4 + ibasso T4 + an application called sterephonic. I love sub-bass it is true but for real i was so disapointed with the ultrasone (even with an equalization). It can drive maximum of 96db so the first bad point was the lack of volume. The other thing was the shy bass. So if you want to listen to club music as in clubs don't by that one. I live in France so it is hard to have shops where you can test those kind of headphones that is why i finally went back to my earphones westone um3x

So keep looking for a good headphone

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:
Hi,

I used to own the Ultrasone pro 900 that i was using with iphone 4 + ibasso T4 + an application called sterephonic. I love sub-bass it is true but for real i was so disapointed with the ultrasone (even with an equalization). It can drive maximum of 96db so the first bad point was the lack of volume. The other thing was the shy bass. So if you want to listen to club music as in clubs don't by that one. I live in France so it is hard to have shops where you can test those kind of headphones that is why i finally went back to my earphones westone um3x

So keep looking for a good headphone

Ps : I created an account on this forum only for you lool as the Ultrasone are expensive and not that easy to sell in case you would be disapointed

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...the first bad point was the lack of volume. The other thing was the shy bass.

Very surprising .. pro900 is universally qualified as "bassmonster" .. sometimes even too bassy. I tried Myself at Univers-son ( In Paris .. i'm french too ) and pro900 basses were impressive to my ears.   Maybe your amp didn't match well with these cans ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back