best full size headphone for listening to edm and club music
Oct 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:
Hi,

I used to own the Ultrasone pro 900 that i was using with iphone 4 + ibasso T4 + an application called sterephonic. I love sub-bass it is true but for real i was so disapointed with the ultrasone (even with an equalization). It can drive maximum of 96db so the first bad point was the lack of volume. The other thing was the shy bass. So if you want to listen to club music as in clubs don't by that one. I live in France so it is hard to have shops where you can test those kind of headphones that is why i finally went back to my earphones westone um3x

So keep looking for a good headphone

You're clearly trolling, the Pro 900 have no such thing as lack of volume when ran on such a setup as what you're posted. Even unamped they sound quite loud. And if there is something they don't lack is bass.

And compared circumaurals to IEMs is completely out of place.

Get your facts straight.

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #17 of 26
I'd say D2000 or HE400 for a similar price range (ish).  Also (havent heard) the new denons are supposed to have immense bass but it comes at a price. They are expensive.

I love the HE500 with electronic music, they get it just right. Powerful deep bass and everything has a certain sweetness.

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:
I'd say D2000 or HE400 for a similar price range (ish).  Also (havent heard) the new denons are supposed to have immense bass but it comes at a price. They are expensive.

I love the HE500 with electronic music, they get it just right. Powerful deep bass and everything has a certain sweetness.

It also comes at the price of sound quality apparently, going from the reviews.

I thought the HE500s had less bass, or more attuned low end than the 400s? Anyway the D2000s and HE400s are the best pick (DT990 pro being 3rd), the d2000 will give you the most instant satisfaction, the HE400 bass is sound pressure more than vibration, depends what you value. I love EMD and electronic of all sorts, I used the denons for years and gave them up for the HE-400, their low end let alone being an open can is amazing.

Sound balance/seperation/detail/speaker sensation 400

Fun factor/involving low end/easy to drive/comfort D2000

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:
It also comes at the price of sound quality apparently, going from the reviews.

I thought the HE500s had less bass, or more attuned low end than the 400s? Anyway the D2000s and HE400s are the best pick (DT990 pro being 3rd), the d2000 will give you the most instant satisfaction, the HE400 bass is sound pressure more than vibration, depends what you value. I love EMD and electronic of all sorts, I used the denons for years and gave them up for the HE-400, their low end let alone being an open can is amazing.

Sound balance/seperation/detail/speaker sensation 400

Fun factor/involving low end/easy to drive/comfort D2000

Yeah just my personal preference with the HE500's, more than enough bass. I think they are great with electronic music. It's the treble more than anything, its zingy and sweet and picks up the crackle of dubbed vinyl lovely
tongue_smile.gif

Your right about the fun factor with the D2000's and to anyone who hasn't heard orthos they will be the horses bowlocks!!

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

You're clearly trolling, the Pro 900 have no such thing as lack of volume when ran on such a setup as what you're posted. Even unamped they sound quite loud. And if there is something they don't lack is bass.

And compared circumaurals to IEMs is completely out of place.

Get your facts straight.

Why would i be trolling ? Come on what do I have to win in doing that ?

Description Prix unitaire Qté Montant
ULTRASONE PRO 900 HEADPHONES DJ - NEW SEALED 2010 MODEL
Nº de l'objet 260692599381
$339,00 USD 1 $339,00 USD
Expédition et traitement​
$39,95 USD​
Assurance - non proposée​
----​
Total​
$378,95 USD​
Paiement​
$378,95 USD​
Le débit apparaîtra sur votre relevé de carte sous l'intitulé “PAYPAL *BUDDHABAR"
Paiement envoyé à shippingect@gmail.com
 ​
D'un montant de​
€283,03 EUR​
Vers un montant de​
$378.95 USD​
Taux de change : 1 EUR = 1.33890 USD​

Description Prix unitaire Qté Montant
iBasso Audio $168,00 USD 1 $168,00 USD
Sous-total​
$168,00 USD​
Total​
$168,00 USD​
Paiement​
$168,00 USD​
Le débit apparaîtra sur votre relevé de carte sous l'intitulé "PAYPAL *ORDER"​
 ​
D'un montant de​
€118,15 EUR​
Jusqu'à un montant de​
$168,00 USD​
Taux de change : 1 EUR = 1,42192 USD

You're putting a doubt in my head. Do you think they could have been fake ? Mine had definitely poor max volume and poor bass. Even a koss porta pro was louder. Perhaps we don't have the same ears or perhaps i had a fake ultrasone (what would perhaps explain the low price on ebay).

Instead of judging me straight be open minded and try to have a different point of view. I was just coming to share my experience cause i finally had to sell the headphone at low price as i could really return it cause i had paid 80 euros to have it when it arrived in paris because of custom fees so it would have been to expansive and annoying to sent back

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #21 of 26
Troll behavior goes beyond logic and reason, so motives behind such behavior elude me. But fair enough, you do ask intriguing questions, so perhaps it's not about that.

Having tested the Pro 900 on many "unamped" sources, I can say that they aren't quiet, but don't go as loud as when having additional amplification.

There are a few factors that can slightly to significantly change sound perception on the Pro 900, from the cable not being inserted properly, headphones' positioning on the head, pad seal (rare). Some sources are of quite low quality, and when dismissing additional amplification, they can make listening to music through the Pro 900 a not so pleasant experience since these headphones are quite unforgiving, namely if you feed them bad quality, they will send it back tenfold.

There are many things that can be said about the Pro 900, but any slightest indication of lack of bass couldn't be further from what they are, and that's just about every single person I've seen stating that, besides myself. Now, I haven't yet heard of Ultrasone fakes, but that's always a possibility, and quite worrying at that. I've seen their design used on a couple other brands, but those were licensed deals. Did you get your pair from an authorized seller or a trusty seller?

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
Troll behavior goes beyond logic and reason, so motives behind such behavior elude me. But fair enough, you do ask intriguing questions, so perhaps it's not about that.

Having tested the Pro 900 on many "unamped" sources, I can say that they aren't quiet, but don't go as loud as when having additional amplification.

There are a few factors that can slightly to significantly change sound perception on the Pro 900, from the cable not being inserted properly, headphones' positioning on the head, pad seal (rare). Some sources are of quite low quality, and when dismissing additional amplification, they can make listening to music through the Pro 900 a not so pleasant experience since these headphones are quite unforgiving, namely if you feed them bad quality, they will send it back tenfold.

There are many things that can be said about the Pro 900, but any slightest indication of lack of bass couldn't be further from what they are, and that's just about every single person I've seen stating that, besides myself. Now, I haven't yet heard of Ultrasone fakes, but that's always a possibility, and quite worrying at that. I've seen their design used on a couple other brands, but those were licensed deals. Did you get your pair from an authorized seller or a trusty seller?

I'm seeing on ebay that the average price is 530$. I had mine at 339$ so i'm really wondering if it wasn't a fake. I don't find the ebay shop north-america i bought it from. THe email address where addressed to 

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
I'm seeing on ebay that the average price is 530$. I had mine at 339$ so i'm really wondering if it wasn't a fake. I don't find the ebay shop north-america i bought it from. THe email address where addressed to 

ps: I had precised my um3x just to kind of show i wasn't a newbie and my ears had a minimum of good taste (and not coming from a etymotics er6i (that i owned) which definitely lack of bass)

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #24 of 26
Well, the Pro 900 street price does go around the price you got yours, while 500$+ is closer to MSRP, but if you got them from a reputable seller, there shouldn't be any issues. Regardless, sometimes units can be faulty, that happens on all products of all brands.

Again, check if the cable is screwed properly, reinsert the pads and adjust the headphones position on your head. If with all that done you still have audio issues, then either the headphones are faulty or there is something wrong with your setup.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #25 of 26
Well, the Pro 900 street price does go around the price you got yours, while 500$+ is closer to MSRP, but if you got them from a reputable seller, there shouldn't be any issues. Regardless, sometimes units can be faulty, that happens on all products of all brands.

Again, check if the cable is screwed properly, reinsert the pads and adjust the headphones position on your head. If with all that done you still have audio issues, then either the headphones are faulty or there is something wrong with your setup.

I sold them two weeks after as even with a little burn in I was still unsatisfied.
I m looking for a new headphone around 300 dollars with huge bass huge vocals and huge treble :p

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #26 of 26

just wondering, how is this huge +10 db at 200 hz and below considered as bad bass?
certainly fits its current ongoing bassy reputation 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back