Best "Fly Me To The Moon" version?
Sep 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

nismohks

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys, i know this song is overhyped, overplayed and over everything by everyone but...
.. it's still a mad song :p

back to the point, i was just wondering what is the best sounding version of it?

i was at this restaurant and they had it playing in the background and it sounded divine. it's not a pop version and was sung by a female. sorry but thats all i can describe, and im wanting to find that same song again however i know its nigh on impossible given what limited info i have provided :p

anyway, what's everyone's favourite version of this song?

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by darcyb62 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frank Sinatra.

X 2.
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystere9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like a few of the 26 versions that played at the ending of the show 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'...

Most of them are horrible, though.

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #7 of 27
the julie london one is quite nice
smily_headphones1.gif

haha eva~ yer a few were horrible, but some were quite nice according to my recollection! must try to find them from somewhere

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 27
any other female renditions of this song??

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the julie london one is quite nice
smily_headphones1.gif

haha eva~ yer a few were horrible, but some were quite nice according to my recollection! must try to find them from somewhere

Oh I know, I have like 8 Eva soundtracks in my collection. It just tends to wear thin when they have a dozen versions back to back.

Sep 20, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #11 of 27
haha fair enough~

anyone know of any other versions?

im looking for something along the lines of julie london, but a bit slower and with that smooth style.

Sep 20, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha fair enough~

anyone know of any other versions?

im looking for something along the lines of julie london, but a bit slower and with that smooth style.

Sarah Vaughan?

Sep 20, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #13 of 27
A favorite female version of mine, aside from Julie London's is the version by Susan Wong. Very well recorded.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystere9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like a few of the 26 versions that played at the ending of the show 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'...

Most of them are horrible, though.

Oh God I had forgotten about that....All of my NGE soundtracks are ripped to my computer and I can't even enjoy them all at one go without having to hit skip ever few songs...

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
julie london

+1

Oh, and the thought crossed my mind that Ms. Polly Jean Harvey urges her love to "Take me to the Moon!/ Fly me to the Moon!" in the bridge refrain of her song "Reeling" from 4 Track Demos. However, Polly Jean also expresses the ardor of her affection by exclaiming a number of very un-ladylike things and, further, makes some rather hyperbolic claims to excelling at amorous promiscuity in a fashion not at all becoming a public artist who--she very well knows!--ought to live as an exemplar of virtue and wholesome moral attachments for the good of the rising generation. Mother and I were most disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back