Best FLAC player for Vista 64-bit?
Oct 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #31 of 48
foobar

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #34 of 48
For Vista Foobar + WASAPI!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #38 of 48
I'm only concerned with SQ, and XXHighend is, hands down, the best sounding player in my system - easily more compelling. Everyone who has made the comparison has immediately preferred it to foobar and XMplay. Synergy matters I'm sure. Give the free demo a try - nothing to loose.

Foobar and XMplay are different, but close in SQ in my system (I prefer XM by a slight margin). I haven't been able to get cPlay to work yet (I'm NOT very computer conversant). My .02.

Cheers,
Larry

P.S. My office system. Vista-WAV(EAC) - Silverstone EB01 USB DAC - Woo WA3 - AKG k701. Next upgrade will be a better USB DAC.

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #39 of 48
Contrast to popular belief, foobar2000 itself doesn't offer better SQ at all. foobar simply offers the extensible functionality to potentially offer better SQ, for example: up-sampling; ASIO; equalisation; ReplayGain and a variety of advanced audio codec plug-ins (Musepack, Wavepack, FLAC, a different MP3 codec of your choice etc...). Like Pushifer says...foobar2000 is the Swiss Knife of computer audio.

Gotta love the pretty Pop-up plug-in for foobar as well!

-J

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #41 of 48
definitely foobar2000. i've tried almost everything out there, nothing beats foobar overall imo. it's light on system resources, very quick, problem-free, and highly customizable. i personally think the built-in visualizations are really nice too and again, not system hogs.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #43 of 48
Quick question without hijacking this thread. Anyone else customize the view of Foobar? How do I get it to show how many songs TOTAL are in my library. I just started converting to flac. I got some songs in there just have no idea how many
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr56k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question without hijacking this thread. Anyone else customize the view of Foobar? How do I get it to show how many songs TOTAL are in my library. I just started converting to flac. I got some songs in there just have no idea how many
smily_headphones1.gif

Depend on what you use, it would be either %list_total% or %cwb_activelist_count% (CWB Hook). This is assuming you use a single playlist for all your music.

EDIT: If you do have multiple playlists, I guess you would have to use persistent variable... it's a hassle to set it up though... alternatively, you could just use the Playlist Manager. It'll give you the individual item counts for each playlist you have. You won't get a total number, but, imo, it's close enough.

j.

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #45 of 48
Used Foobar2000 and all the latest updates but recently moved to "Lilith Player" and found the sound cleaner. I also checked the latest Foobar Beta and sounds like crap
frown.gif
. They updated Foobar to worst, it never sounded that bad, plus it's not compatible with some plugins (guess 0.9.5.2 was the best version of Foobar).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back