jantze

100+ Head-Fier
Apr 5, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 48
Second that. Foobar works great.

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 48
Yes it does
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #6 of 48
Well, since foobar seems to get all the attention, I'll cast my vote on winamp. Works great, no fuss, great "build quality".

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #7 of 48
My vote goes to foobar2000 as well.

Apr 5, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #9 of 48
Some people complain winamp is bloated ever since AOL bought it, but on the flip side, i personally think foobar is a bit of a learning curve if you want it JUST right. I use itunes for my "library" but I use foobar for actual file association because its very quick to open and if i want to listen to a single song, I dont feel like waiting for winamp or itunes to start up. itunes does not support flac.

Apr 5, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by cybertron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people complain winamp is bloated ever since AOL bought it, but on the flip side, i personally think foobar is a bit of a learning curve if you want it JUST right. I use itunes for my "library" but I use foobar for actual file association because its very quick to open and if i want to listen to a single song, I dont feel like waiting for winamp or itunes to start up. itunes does not support flac.

That is true. I still use a untweaked Foobar on my old HTPC when I want to listen to a song or two, since it's so fast and simple.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #12 of 48
+1 for JRiver.

I used to use Foobar but don't want all the work associated with making the interface as usable as JRiver.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #13 of 48
I use foobar2000 the best part of it for me was having sexy looking low memory player.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 48
The new interface included since 0.9.5 has made foobar infinitely easier to get into a working interface. If you are exceptionally impatient (I know I am
wink.gif
), there are premade interface themes posted around the internet.

Adding foo_facets.dll to the componnents makes the overall experience more traditional, and doesn't require as much playlist tweaking from the get-go.

I've been using foobar for years, and I am not in the least bit upset that I no longer need columns/panels ui anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back