Best earbuds under $20, maybe $30?
Jun 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #20 of 20
I mean, the general definition is IEM = insertion, and earbud = resting in your ear.

For IEM's under $30, there's lots of options and companies everywhere, I'm sure joker's reviews is one of the best places to look.

For Earbud's under $20, I keep telling people how underrated the Sony's are, the ones that come with their walkmans and mp3 players or that cost around $15 if you purchase them seperately, I used that crap for years, and I still feel like everything else I've heard in the sub $60 range isn't quite satisfactory in comparison.

Even today, I don't know what earbuds can match up to them, certainly not the cheap AKG's or Sennheisers, which became garbage bin material quite quickly, Apple and TDK don't match up, I'm supposing cheap Yuin's are most likely the next step upward I think, but offer a different sound character, Sony is more upfront and crispy, with nice bass.

I could be biased since I used them for years, and my ears just became very familiar with their sound, but it took me a long time to find satisfactory upgrades in portable audio, I'm not saying they're exceptional, they're not, they're kinda junk and require EQ'ing, but their the best junk I ever listened to ever under $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back