Best Earbuds For Movies??? (<$100)
Mar 26, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #16 of 22
OK. I can give feedback after a short bout of move watching with the Eterna's.
Keep in mind my soundcard is good at downcoding 5.1 to 2.1/headphone mode, so I'll probably get more bass and overall soundquality than you would.

With downcoded 5.1 movies, the bass of the Eterna's is epic and even a little to epic at times, but does really provide that satisfying punch that subs produce in 5.1 setups, which was really quite surprising. The soundstage was pretty damn good for an IEM, it didnt feel like the movie was in my head, although you can always tell your listening to an IEm as everything feels like its close to you (ie, effects voice, etc). The midrange is prety recessed, so dialogue is hard to hear although a little eqing in the midrange frequences really fixes it up. Overall, their pretty great IEM solution for watching movies.

Keep in mind if you dont have a great soundcard, they wont sound nearly as good. MOst software downcoding of 5.1 movies tends to lose the low frequency effects and the dialogue gets more muddled.

Overall pretty good experience, although I have full sized phones which would be quite a bit better so I digress.

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 22
Thank you for the feedback aurno88, I think I will indeed be going with the Eterna's. I get my paycheck at the end of the month so I'll report back on my experience then. In the mean time, Thank you all so much for your help
cool.gif

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
Thank you for the feedback aurno88, I think I will indeed be going with the Eterna's. I get my paycheck at the end of the month so I'll report back on my experience then. In the mean time, Thank you all so much for your help
cool.gif

hope to get feedback

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #19 of 22
^ Same.

They still amaze me at their sound for movies they feel like movie IEMS. With their soundstage and all, the bass is to die for....movie-wise.

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #20 of 22
FOLLOW UP

I took some time to burn these in and here's how I feel so far: The bass is a bit lacking when compared to my previous HJE900 set (no boom or reverberation) but the Mid's and High's are both VERY clear. I've watched 300, Pulp Fiction and Event Horizon. Honestly they are a bit on the uncomfortable side after about 30mins or more.

FiSCHER Audio Eterna ($74 @ GD-Audiobase.com)
High - Excellent
Mid - Great
Bass - Ok

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #21 of 22
I use my Yuin Ok1 for movies; voices are really clear with these in those movies (and shows). Voices are more important,  relative to movies, than a forward  bass because bass just gets in the way of the legibility of the talking. There is a reason a subwoofer is another speaker in a house theater speaker set up. Bass like that from another speaker doesn't interfere with the legibility.

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #22 of 22
yeah, comfort will go up heaps after a week or two of use, they were so comfortable after a while. also, eq up the bass if thats wat u need.

Quote:
FOLLOW UP

I took some time to burn these in and here's how I feel so far: The bass is a bit lacking when compared to my previous HJE900 set (no boom or reverberation) but the Mid's and High's are both VERY clear. I've watched 300, Pulp Fiction and Event Horizon. Honestly they are a bit on the uncomfortable side after about 30mins or more.

FiSCHER Audio Eterna ($74 @ GD-Audiobase.com)
High - Excellent
Mid - Great
Bass - Ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back