Best earbuds for $50 or less?
Sep 17, 2011 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jomarr

New Head-Fier
Good day, I'm new here and honestly I'm a noob with earphones and sound quality. I am finding earphones (with that price range). I really like balanced sounds. Clean bass not boomy.. Would you guys please suggest some products for me? I was THIS close on getting beats but a lot of Audiophiles really hate them (as seen on this forum and other audiophile forums as well) So I decided not to get them. With 50 bucks, can I get decent earphones? What are your recommendations? Thanks guys :)

--Oh yeah, I have TDK eb-750 ($15) they are crap they broke 1 month after I bought it good thing it has a year of warranty. I used Philips SHE-2650 before which were very cheap ($9) they are really good but it lacked bass.

Sep 17, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 7
I will recommend these IEMs for better sound quality like Philips SHE9850(highely recommended), SHE9700, M2, Sony EX310(highely recommended), Turbine(highely recommended), UE Metro-Fi220, JVC FXC50 and Sennheiser CX500.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 7
I think SoundMagic makes really good budget phones.  I've had the PL30's for over a year now.  They are my yard work IEM's, so you know they have been durable.  They have a balanced sound sig and I got them from mp4nation.net for about $23 shipped.  The PL30 is still widely available but is being replaced by the E30 model.  I have read the E30 improves nicely over the PL30 and gives a bit of a boost to the bass without being boomy or intruding on the mids.  The E30's will run you closer to $40.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 7
After reading ClieOS's review of the DUNU Trident they might be worth looking at maybe. They look to be a very good bang for the buck IEM. They are $34.50 @ mp4nation. Also as shotgunshane said above the Soundmagic E30 look to be another very good IEM under $50. Good luck.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 7
Based on "Clean bass not boomy" I would go for the Hippo Shrooms which is what fits that description perfectly. Of course many of the other options brought up here would be good, but it would always be best if you can audition them for yourself :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back