Best ear buds for under 25 bucks?
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tjj226 Angel

1000+ Head-Fier
As the title says, I am looking to get some simple ear buds. I do like listening to music, and I may use them from time to time to do so, but I pretty much need them to listen to the computers in the school library without bothering anyone. 

I just got a newegg sale email that has the senheisser cx 150 on sale for $17.50, but after doing some research, I found that the monprice IEM enhanced bass earphone are highly recommended by this site. 

To be blunt, I have no idea what the difference between an IEM and ear buds are, so I am kind of lost. I simple want the absolute best in ear sound solution that I can buy with exactly $24.60 (the exact amount of my paypal account).

Any suggestions? 

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Well, I have the Meelectronic M6s and I have the CX150s. I think the CX150s blow the M6s away for these reasons: 1) soundstage is much more spacious and the highs, though not as bright, never get harsh, or distorted like they can on my M6s. I find the CX150s to have more warmth too. I like the M6s for the much beefier cable, but overall, the CX150s are totally worth $18 imo. Of course, I haven't had much experience with many other earbuds or IEMs except for some cheap JLs, Triton and a good pair of Sennheiser CX485s that I lost. Actually, the CX150s do not sound any different than my 485s though I haven't listened to the 485s in awhile. I also like the size and weight of the 150s, really easy to put them in the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back