Best dynamic driver IEMs?
Mar 14, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #93 of 97
I really like the Final A8000, and the Campfire Vega 2020. They are very different sounding, but both are good. Thread says 'Best", not "Best Bargain".

Also, gotta say that coherence isn;t BS - i personally think this single-minded adherence to questionably measure so-called frequency response is, in fact, the real BS. Compare two meals prepared by the same chef, exaclt equal portions of the same 3 items, protein, starch, and veggie-a so-called traditional meal for westerners.

Meal 1 arrvies and all thre items are on the plate.

Meal 2: server brings you a plate with the steak, or fish...whartever, two minutes later they bring over the mashed potatoes, then anothe rfive minutes go by and they bring you the roasted veggies.....

Notice any differnce-they both have the same amounts and proportions?

Apr 24, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #95 of 97
If you can accept low insulation the Sony EX800ST are tuned very flat and ranked very high in Crinacle's list.
I own them and like them for their neutral and very realistic sound with very good details, especially in the bass texture.
Excellent for acoustic jazz, but most of the time, esepcially for vocals and a smoother, more emotional presentation I prefer my modded JVC FD02.

Based on Crinacle's list and the frequency response the VSonic GR07 line should also be a good option.
Never heard them though.

Both IEMs are available on Amazon Japan.
I have the GR07X, it is okay but sounds a little unnatural

Apr 24, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #96 of 97
Hi, i just ordering GR09 non ceramic version, how do you say it fares against DD TOTL like Xelentos and T8ieMK2 or any great DD iems that you have heard before? I got it pretty cheap for150usd. Thanks
The GR09, if anything like the GR07 37 Anni version, should have interesting texture but subdued treble

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #97 of 97
After 2 weeks with the Unique Melody 3DT I will add them as a recommendation.
They are huge, I had a hard time finding the right tips and they need some additional damping (simple mod) but the result is a surprisingly good IEM for the money. High clarity, separation and detail, a soundstage with good width, depth and imaging, boosted upper mids (adjustable by modding) and a bass that is tastefully boosted with bottomless extension. Treble with the mod is controlled, for treble heads maybe a little recessed. All that with a smooth signature, excellent timbre and no smearing in busy music. Works really well with classical, acoustic and vocals IMO.
Details in the 3DT thread here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/uni...-3dt-announcement-thread.949402/post-16030385

Users who are viewing this thread

Back