Best dynamic driver IEMs?
May 21, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #76 of 97
Oxygen is excellent but it's more than $200 which is why I didn't mention it.

May 21, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #78 of 97
And with a little mod this thing plays cleaner and has a huge holographic stage around your head. Man, i love the oxygen so much! :)

What is this mod? :)

May 21, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #79 of 97
What is this mod? :)

I've took the biggest original silicon-tips and stuffed a little foam-cylinder in it that sits flush with the tips opening. I don't know which frequences it absorb but it sound much more cleaner and extremly holographic and real! Example: The "drum-solo" in take five from dave brubeck sound so real that i really think it plays 1 meter next to me. You can feel every hit from the snare and it sound amazingly real! I have many tracks that drop my jaw to the ground. With the mod the oxygens are now my absolute favorite iems ever! I will upload photos from the mod.

May 21, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #80 of 97
IMG_20190521_202903.jpg
IMG_20190521_202848.jpg

May 22, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #81 of 97
I still think one of the best DD IEM's on the market is the Acoustune HS1650CU and 1650SS. From deep bass to upper treble they deliver, but can get a little harsh at higher volumes but nothing to the likes of the Atlas. The 1650 is way better than it.

Aug 19, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #82 of 97
I still think one of the best DD IEM's on the market is the Acoustune HS1650CU and 1650SS. From deep bass to upper treble they deliver, but can get a little harsh at higher volumes but nothing to the likes of the Atlas. The 1650 is way better than it.
I suppose that you meant HS1650CU and HS1670SS... :) I've been reading that the HS1670SS bass is mild comparing to HS1650CU. Is the difference so marginal or even HS1670SS is capable of punching hard (without EQing)?

Jan 12, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #84 of 97
When talking about high end DD IEMs, where do you guys think the IMR lineup stands? Is it worth the money upgrading from IMR R1 to Xelento?
R1 is a DD/piezo hybrid, no?

Honestly I thought R1 is kind of terrible, there are several cheaper options that are better.

Jan 13, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #86 of 97
I have to chime in on this one.
Music is usually created by many different instruments.
So in my opinion it’s totally ok to have different drivers for each and every
Narrow Frequency range. BA for lower mids. Another for upper mids.
Another for highs. And another for ultra highs. And a DD for the low.
There is nothing wrong with that. As long as it’s all tuned correctly.
All this crap about coherency, I have to say, sounds like bull crap.
Just my 2c

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #87 of 97
I have to chime in on this one.
Music is usually created by many different instruments.
So in my opinion it’s totally ok to have different drivers for each and every
Narrow Frequency range. BA for lower mids. Another for upper mids.
Another for highs. And another for ultra highs. And a DD for the low.
There is nothing wrong with that. As long as it’s all tuned correctly.
All this crap about coherency, I have to say, sounds like bull crap.
Just my 2c
Ye, comparing single DD vs. hydbrid, multi-BA is always "power Vs. synergy".

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #88 of 97
> Ye, comparing single DD vs. hydbrid, multi-BA is always "power Vs. synergy".

Coincidentally, synergy or coherency are not the reasons why I'd prefer a single DD. For me, personally, I can see a few other reasons:

1. The closed nature of BA IEMs lead to a sort of woosh woosh sound when walking or moving my jaw. Happens with all BA IEMs I have. Perhaps the APEX modules from 64 audio alleviate that, but majority of BA IEMs don't have this feature.
2. For a similar reason, presumably, I find open back IEMs (or at least with a vent) less tiresome over long listening sessions.
3. TOTL DD IEMs cost around 1k USD (Xelento, ie800s, Dita twins, etc.) and I believe they do challenge BA IEMs several times their price.

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #89 of 97
> Ye, comparing single DD vs. hydbrid, multi-BA is always "power Vs. synergy".

Coincidentally, synergy or coherency are not the reasons why I'd prefer a single DD. For me, personally, I can see a few other reasons:

1. The closed nature of BA IEMs lead to a sort of woosh woosh sound when walking or moving my jaw. Happens with all BA IEMs I have. Perhaps the APEX modules from 64 audio alleviate that, but majority of BA IEMs don't have this feature.
2. For a similar reason, presumably, I find open back IEMs (or at least with a vent) less tiresome over long listening sessions.
3. TOTL DD IEMs cost around 1k USD (Xelento, ie800s, Dita twins, etc.) and I believe they do challenge BA IEMs several times their price.

I replied in a very simplified way. Many factors also depend on individual preferences.

It's hard for me to reply on "1." or "2." as it would most likely differ by each user. "less tiresome" - yes, kind of.

3. I don't agree (my opinion). They may be equivalent performer to their price but "challenging BA IEMs several times their price" - in fact, there are not many IEMs costing several times more - is exaggerated. You should also define challenging while pure DD would always present itself in a different way comparing to anything else...

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #90 of 97
Just to be clear. I really like the way DD plus BA sound because I seem to perceive the individual
Instruments better. They sound more separated to my ears. I attribute thise to some instruments actually being reproduced by
Different drivers in my ear. The symbols and snare drum are not being reproduced by the same driver as the bass drum and or bass guitar.
So to my ears at least, it seems far more separated. And I really like that sound.
I know others do not agree. But to my ears it sounds much more like listening to a band, live. Where each musician has
Their own speak. And you are hearing them all together. But from many different speakers simultaneously.
I love that sound, it feels almost LIVE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back