Best desktop amp for MS-PRO: Solid State or Tubes
Apr 1, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by forbigger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP - which part of asia you're from? some major cities in asia have gone quite a fair bit in terms of availability of headphone hobby gadgets

I am from Singapore, the red dot!

Anyone has a view about MS-PRO with Solo SRG or RPX-33, Lehmann Linear, all SS amps?

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #18 of 24
Go tubes, to tame that Grado "hot" nature
wink.gif

Worked best with tubes, at least for me.

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The low impedance of Grados make them tough for non hybrid tube amps to drive due to current demands and output impedance, this is why Grado uses the Hybrid Melos to engineer their headphones.

That's not entirely true. There are plenty of SS offerings that make for wonderful mates with the Prestige/Reference series. There are also plenty of low end, cheaper hybrid options that are simply that... cheap and not complimentary at all. I guess my point is, not to cast such a wide blanket over amp type. While he did say money wasn't a real factor, I'm sure dropping the kind of coin he would have to spend to pick up a used Melos would certainly make him balk.

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTechKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not entirely true. There are plenty of SS offerings that make for wonderful mates with the Prestige/Reference series. There are also plenty of low end, cheaper hybrid options that are simply that... cheap and not complimentary at all. I guess my point is, not to cast such a wide blanket over amp type. While he did say money wasn't a real factor, I'm sure dropping the kind of coin he would have to spend to pick up a used Melos would certainly make him balk.

Read the thread, thats why I recommended the SOHAII or the LD1.

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by TTEO22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am from Singapore, the red dot!

Anyone has a view about MS-PRO with Solo SRG or RPX-33, Lehmann Linear, all SS amps?

If you have not heard about a place called jaben or stereo, PM me. Otherwise, you could audience most of mid to high end SS/Tube at these 2 places

Apr 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

I did and the reason for my post. You honestly think the LD1 is worth taking a look at? IMO it falls under the grossly overrated, over praised, and cheap category. It does put on a good light show though.

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by forbigger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have not heard about a place called jaben or stereo, PM me. Otherwise, you could audience most of mid to high end SS/Tube at these 2 places

Hi, I am been to these two places. Abit too much! Not rushing as I already have the SR-71A and Benchmark DAC1 amp. Just to see if there is a 'better' amp around for the MS-PRO. Thks.

Apr 4, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Thanks for the recommendations. Not the type that can build my own amps though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back